Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching another option...Brian Wright

If FAU still manages to finish the year at least 5-7. Id be inclined to give him a 1 year contract and see what he can do.
Back to the top

voss749 said

If FAU still manages to finish the year at least 5-7. Id be inclined to give him a 1 year contract and see what he can do.
Posted On: Oct 31st 2013, 10:36 AM #320522

Maybe but no for couple reasons.
One Chun wants to put more
of a stamp on the program. We need some kinda name.
Also many here Wright gone a few wins over the worst teams in the country will not save his job here.
Back to the top

if we finish 7-6 with a bowl win, then I would think about it.

Mickey Mouse could coach this team to go 5-7 with those last 3 games.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

voss749 said

Maybe but no for couple reasons.
One Chun wants to put more
of a stamp on the program. We need some kinda name.
Also many here Wright gone a few wins over the worst teams in the country will not save his job here.
Posted On: Oct 31st 2013, 10:44 AM #320524

Agreed.  Of course, I hope that Wright does well over the next 4 games, but Pat Chun now has a clean slate and I doubt he will waste this opportunity.  He doesn't have to pay any remaining money to the head coach and he can just hire his own guy.   If Wright is successful, I'm sure he'll get an interview though.  
Back to the top

brian wright is speaking with reporters right now. go to wpbf 25 website. they are doing it live.

Link to Live Video
Back to the top

Nope.  Start with a clean slate, if the new HC wants to keep someone that's fine and his decision.  Otherwise, start this thing over and get to work.
Back to the top

I don't think Brian Wright is the guy for us.

The only reason I would entertain that idea is because:

1) It would, in theory, keep us on the same track and we could maintain the other current coaches (like Jared Allen).

2) The majority (if not all) of our current recruits could keep their scholarship offers (isn't Wright the recruiting coordinator too?) and I'd like to make sure that young Stoshak (and Driskel) come here.

3) We wouldn't have to completely revamp our entire system and waste at least a year having the new coaches re-teach the players how they want them to play.

But I recognize that when you contrast those points to the pros of potentially getting a better HC, it's not a very strong argument. It's more of an emotional argument for the staff and players than an objective argument for whats best for the program.
Back to the top

I can say that I have not really seen the offensive genius that Wright supposedly is.  Is it his fault? I don't know.  But I don't think I want him as our HC going past this season.  I think it is pretty much an unwritten rule that an "interim" coach (or president) will never be upgraded to head coach.  

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I can say that I have not really seen the offensive genius that Wright supposedly is.  Is it his fault? I don't know.  But I don't think I want him as our HC going past this season.  I think it is pretty much an unwritten rule that an "interim" coach (or president) will never be upgraded to head coach.  
Posted On: Nov 1st 2013, 9:07 AM #320618

Who is calling him an "offensive genius"?  I doubt he gets the full-time job too, but I'm willing to at least let him coach these last 4 games to find out if he can.  

As for "interim" coaches getting promoted full-time, it does happen.  Most recently at Northern Illinois.  
Back to the top

voss749 said

1 year contract = Kiss of Death for recruiting.

Get your guy, commit, pray.
Back to the top
Control functions: