Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Moves by Kiffin

Personally, yes! Most important position Coach and unit on team.

A great OL makes an average RB or QB much much better. Even all league.

A bad OL gets even a GREAT a RB or QB killed!

Just my opinion and yes he would be paid more than any other position coach, very close to what my OC would make. The OL makes or breaks the O!!! Which pretty much makes or breaks the TEAM!
Back to the top

I agree. The lines on both sides of the ball are just about everything when it comes to running over opponents. It’s absurd when people complain about Robison. The OL will make or break a QB. Personally, I think most if not all of the problems were because of our RG who had extremely poor quickness and agility. When the OL has a lot less quickness and agility it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened. 
Back to the top

fauowl said

Here's something insightful: go get Garin Justice.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2018, 11:14 PM #384391

Agreed with this.

Hopefully we can get him back!
Back to the top

The man Garrison is replacing as OL Coach was hired by Satterfield at Louisville as his OC there. We all know the type of job Satterfield did at App. St. for many years. 5 winning seasons in a row, and ALL after moving up from FCS level!!!

We wish for that type of program!
Back to the top

One could argue the 2017 success was unsustainable and 2018 was just a regression towards the mean. It’s going to take some time to get the program to a point where it can handle losing several coaches/coordinators and not have a set back. 
Back to the top

Nah, as many complaints we had about the team this year we lost 3 Conference games by a TOTAL of 7 points, and in all 3 the O disappeared after the half! ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN WINS - ALL! We should have been 8-4 this year.
Back to the top

^ Agreed. This team should have made a bowl - no good reason this team is staying home this bowl season, especially when I see some of the other teams bowling; including our friends down south who we ended up destroying, thanks to the second half performance of a QB no longer on the roster.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The man Garrison is replacing as OL Coach was hired by Satterfield at Louisville as his OC there. We all know the type of job Satterfield did at App. St. for many years. 5 winning seasons in a row, and ALL after moving up from FCS level!!!

We wish for that type of program!
Posted On: Dec 28th 2018, 11:46 AM #384400

Dwayne Ledford used to coach at App State before going to NC State.  It was not a surprise that Satterfield got him to Louisville (although I think Ledford was probably at least considered for the App State head coaching vacancy).  Another little NC trivia is that Ledford was several years behind me at the same high school - so I followed his playing career (several years in the pros) and coaching career closely.  He will be a head man in the next 3-5 seasons.

As for paying Justice, FAU was already paying the O-line coach the same thing as the OC.  I think the Owls would have to pay Justice MORE than they are paying Weis Jr for him to come back.
Back to the top

Everyone needs to look at what Justice was making before he left for Arizona. Then EVERYONE would understand why he left. Bottom line, quality is expensive. Garrin Justice is worth every penny.  He simply knows how to teach technique.The key to any good O-Lineman. Personally, I don't think he will ever come back to Boca. Lane misses his opportunity. He brought in Chris' friend and look where it got him (us).
Back to the top

As far as regressing towards the mean, perhaps without Briles, last years, 6.3 ypc for the team would have gone down. But it wasn’t all Briles. Motor averaged over 6 ypc in 2016 before Kiffin and Briles arrived. He was only at around 5 this year. That’s offensive line nd play calling issues.
Back to the top
Control functions: