Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Moves by Kiffin

Owl2Doc said

How does our Special Teams Coordinator, Jaron Fairman, still have a job?
Posted On: Dec 8th 2018, 5:16 PM #384058

I don't think much would have changed with a different ST Coordinator.  The FG misses were because of personnel, the blocked punts…well we just couldn't block, but did improve as the season went on.  I think we led CUSA in kick return yards on average, and I thought our coverage was good, I could be missing something though.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Not so much a move by Kiffin but…

Garrison Tabbed as Offensive Line Coach - NC State University Athletics

…I won't say I'm upset, maybe I'm even OK?
Back to the top

Yep, Garrison is out as O-Line Coach thanks to NC State.

I am, VERY okay with this. This is the one part of the offense (other than the obvious RB and TE) I was confident in going into the Fall, and it turned into shambles.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I don’t have anything insightful to add about the offensive line from a coaching perspective but it is interesting that despite what we considered a poor performance he just got a promotion. Good for him and hopefully Kiffin finds a great replacement. 
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

I don’t have anything insightful to add about the offensive line from a coaching perspective but it is interesting that despite what we considered a poor performance he just got a promotion. Good for him and hopefully Kiffin finds a great replacement. 
Posted On: Dec 27th 2018, 10:01 PM #384390

Here's something insightful: go get Garin Justice.
Back to the top

fauowl said

OwlPT15 said

Posted On: Dec 27th 2018, 10:01 PM #384390

Here's something insightful: go get Garin Justice.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2018, 11:14 PM #384391

I didn't want to be the one to say it.

Is there anyone (else or actually) interesting on the market?

Suspect I'll be too familiar with the refresh button over the next few unspecified units of time.
Back to the top

I think Garin would love to return to FAU. But Kiffin may still be holding a grudge. Lane is punishing himself. Justice is one of the best in the country.
Back to the top

While we are still 14th in the Country in rushing yards per game, here is the rub, we dropped from 6.0 yards per carry in 2017 to 5.1 ypc in 2018. Basically a full yard less per carry. How many 3rd and 4th and short did we NOT convert this year - PLENTY!

Coach Justice at UNLV had them ranked 20th this year in rushing yards and their ypc was 4.9, almost the same as ours, without Motor or Kerrith or OUR talent level.

GET HIM BACK COACH K - DOUBLE HIS OLD PAY - GET HIM BACK!
Back to the top

Justice made $210k at UNLV (was supposedly set to make over $300k at Arizona before that fell through).  FAU was paying the former DC $350k, Eric Mathies made $210k, Weis Jr and John Garrison made $180k.  Everybody else is lower.

Football | Assistant | Salaries | USA TODAY Sports

Would FAU pay the O-line coach more than $210k?  That is "only" a $30k bump from what Garrison was making.  I would also guess we are saving some money on our DC, as he was only making $185k at Charlotte vs the $350k the Owls were paying Pecoraro.
Back to the top
Control functions: