Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

Might as well get this going…

There shouldn't be any shortage of candidates, and I'm thinking that this time they go for someone with HC experience.   Some names that immediately come to mind:

Randy Shannon
Luke Fickell
Mario Cristobal
Geoff Collins - UF DC
Eddie Gran - UK OC and FAU coaching search veteran (seems like he's always on the list)
Manny Diaz - UM DC

Did I miss anyone?  
Back to the top

Jim Leavit
Back to the top

I knew I must have…Leavitt would be a good choice as well.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Randy Shannon
Luke Fickell
Mario Cristobal
Geoff Collins - UF DC
Eddie Gran - UK OC and FAU coaching search veteran (seems like he's always on the list)
Manny Diaz - UM DC

Did I miss anyone?  
Posted On: Nov 27th 2016, 12:44 PM #363060

None of the above…

No more defensive guys, fresh look with an offensive minded guy - like what we got with the Schnelley hire!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Mario Cristobal or Greg Schiano would be my choices.

Not sure Greg would consider coming here though but I think he would be an even better hire than Butch at FIU.  Some may consider Mario to be similar to Charlie (great recruiter but not good on the field) but Maro was actually successful at FIU before being let go after one bad season. Mario is an even better recruiter locally than Charlie and has learned from Saban the past 4 years at Bama.
Back to the top

To note Dan Wolken tweeted From USA Today fau will raise coaching and Asst coaches salaries with the next hire. Very important!
Back to the top

owl said

Mario Cristobal or Greg Schiano would be my choices.

Not sure Greg would consider coming here though but I think he would be an even better hire than Butch at FIU.  Some may consider Mario to be similar to Charlie (great recruiter but not good on the field) but Maro was actually successful at FIU before being let go after one bad season. Mario is an even better recruiter locally than Charlie and has learned from Saban the past 4 years at Bama.
Posted On: Nov 27th 2016, 12:57 PM #363070
I believe Cristobal's firing was more internal bickering and conflicts than it was his record. I don't think he got along well with Garcia.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Mario would do GREAT here. But there are plenty of good choices. I think Pat and OC40 should meet today and wrap this thing up by tonight.
Back to the top

Cristabol...seriously? Just stop.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Joe Moglia

Coastal Carolina Head Coach.  

Retired businessman.  Has had tremendous success in business and building the program at Coastal. Was interested in the position before.  His passion is in coaching, his players respect him and enjoy playing for him.  Also,  If he had success and we kept him happy he'd prob be less likely to bolt for the first other offer thrown at him.

The problem with all the younger coaches/coordinators is they're just going to use us as a stepping stone in their personal careers.  I hope we go after someone that sincerely is in it for long term not just to build their resume.  Someone like Joe Maglia isn't necessarily in it for the money or his reume, he's been there done that.  He's in it to win at football and teach young men to be successful.  

Plus he can already afford the real estate in Boca. Lol.  
Back to the top
Control functions: