Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

COUNTDOWN to 2015 Football Season

85 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #85: Mike Wilds, and Darian Williams. 

Wilds was a TE from Miramar (Western). Transferred from Rhode Island. Saw most of his action in 2005 when he played in 9 games and scored his first college TD at Troy.

Williams was a TE from North Lauderdale (Northeast). Played in every game in 2009 and had his first collegiate catch at Nebraska. Played in every game in 2010. Named to Phil Steele's preseason all SBC team in 2011.

Here he is against Michigan State...and coming in for a visit...

Back to the top

Northeast Hurricanes! My HS alma mater - way to go Darian!
Back to the top

Was it Darian Williams or Nixon Dorvillous who had the first TD in FAU stadium? It was a pass from Graham Wilbert to a TE but I can't remember who it was. 
Back to the top

84 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #84 include: Anthony Crissinger-Hill, and Aex Deleon.

Crissinger-Hill was a TE from Tampa (Jefferson). Played as a true freshman in the inaugural 2001 season.  In 2003, the playoff year, had a catch in every game, and was named the team's offensive MVP. Problems off the field cut his promising career short.

Deleon was a TE from Belleview, FL (Belleview High). In 2012, scored a TD at Alabama. Received the 2012 Iron Owl award at that years banquet.  Saw action in every game in 2013, and scored a TD in the last game...a victory over FIU.  Registered big catches in 2014 including a one for a TD in the home opener against Tulsa. Here he is in one of his games against Bama:

Alex Deleon FAU
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Was it Darian Williams or Nixon Dorvillous who had the first TD in FAU stadium? It was a pass from Graham Wilbert to a TE but I can't remember who it was. 
Posted On: Jun 13th 2015, 7:48 AM #346100

It was Darian Williams! Good mention.
Back to the top

83 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #83 include: Wilfred Rivera, and Ben Coker.

Rivera was a WR from Fort Myers (Estero HS). Saw action primarily on special teams. Earned a special teams game ball in 2007 when he blocked a kick against North Texas. Had a blocked punt against Memphis in the New Orleans Bowl.

Coker was a TE from Vineland NJ (Vineland HS). Played in 8 games during the inaugural 2001 season. In 2002, had a season long reception of 22 yards against FIU in the first Shula Bowl.

Photo of Rivera against USF (photo by JC Ridley), and Coker stopping by for a visit...

Rivera and Coker FAU
Back to the top

82 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #82 : Paul Muse, and Alex Fick.

Muse was listed as a DL from Jacksonville, FL (First Coast HS). A transfer from Clemson, he played TE, Special Teams, was converted to OL, and then to DL. Saw action in 10 games including the Motor City Bowl, mostly on special teams.

Fick was a TE from Sugarland, TX (Elkins HS). Played QB in HS. Participated with the team in the first Bowl game. Made his first collegiate catch in 2008 against Texas.
Back to the top

fauowl said

87 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #87 include: Bryon Hankerson, and Jamari Grant,

Hankerson was a WR from Hollywood (American Heritage). he earned a spot as a walk-on in 2009.  Played in 10 games in 2010, mostly on Special Teams.

Grant was a TE from Jacksonville (First Coast). Played in the Motor City Bowl, was named to 2nd Team All Sun Belt team in 2008.

In 2008, scored TD against FIU with 18 sec remaining to tie it up 50-50 and send the game into OT. one of the most exciting games in FAU history. 

I remember seeing him catch that TD. He was so excited and the closest person to him was the referee so he just hugged the referee.  Here are a couple of pics from Bob Markey that tells the story (Rob Housler is running in to congratulate Grant):

Jamari Grant

Posted On: Jun 10th 2015, 10:37 AM #346053

I had some friends leave this one early when we were down 14 in the 4th. It's one of the few that makes up for all of the times where I've sat thru beatings till the clock read 00:00.
Back to the top

teambeer said

fauowl said

87 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #87 include: Bryon Hankerson, and Jamari Grant,

Hankerson was a WR from Hollywood (American Heritage). he earned a spot as a walk-on in 2009.  Played in 10 games in 2010, mostly on Special Teams.

Grant was a TE from Jacksonville (First Coast). Played in the Motor City Bowl, was named to 2nd Team All Sun Belt team in 2008.

In 2008, scored TD against FIU with 18 sec remaining to tie it up 50-50 and send the game into OT. one of the most exciting games in FAU history. 

I remember seeing him catch that TD. He was so excited and the closest person to him was the referee so he just hugged the referee.  Here are a couple of pics from Bob Markey that tells the story (Rob Housler is running in to congratulate Grant):

Jamari Grant

Posted On: Jun 10th 2015, 10:37 AM #346053

I had some friends leave this one early when we were down 14 in the 4th. It's one of the few that makes up for all of the times where I've sat thru beatings till the clock read 00:00.
Posted On: Jun 15th 2015, 7:19 PM #346128

I also decided to leave at that same point (and I never leave early). I have told this story before so for those who have read it, look away.  I didn't leave to beat any traffic or because we were about to lose (I have witnessed enough FAU losses for a lifetime), I simply did not want to see those FIU players go grab that Shula Bowl Trophy.  

Down 14, not sure of exact time remaining, but I will guess maybe a couple of minutes.  The game was in Joe Robbie and as I get half way to my car I hear a huge roar go up.  Obviously something good happened. I got to my car but I don't leave, I turn on the radio and hear we got a TD.

You know an onside kick is coming up so I sit there in the car and hear on the radio we recover the kick, maybe less than a minute to go. Now I am thinking SOB, I have to get back in that stadium.  I drive my car to the closest parking spot I can get near the stadium and get out and in full sprint, run through one of the gates. Security is yelling at me and chasing me because there is no re-entry permitted.  My wife didn't go to that game so I have her extra ticket in my pocket and stop and pull out the ticket. They let me continue on.  There is no time to get to my original seat so I run up those spiral ramps to the closest point in the stadium.  

It happened to be in the corner of the end zone where this photo was taken and I got to see this TD to tie it and send it to OT. I wasn't in my normal section and didn't know anyone around there but we all were going crazy.

Before the start of the OT, I made it back to my seat and just acted like I never left  :Laughing: . Incredible game.
Back to the top

81 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #81: Dantson Dareus, Rob Housler, and Blake Bierman.

Dareus was a TE from Miami (Miami Norland). Played in the inaugural 2001 season.  In 2004, played in every game and had double-digit receiving yardage in 10 games.

Housler was a TE from Converse, TX (Judson HS). Played in both Bowl games. Got his first collegiate TD in 2008 in his home state against Texas. Drafted by the Cardinals and became the highest drafted Owl at the time.

Bierman as a WR from Bradenton (Southeast HS). In 2010 played special teams. In 2011, played WR and special teams and tallied8 punt returns. Bierman is currently the Assistant Coach for the FAU Cheer squad.

Photo of Houlser vs Texas, and Bierman stopping by for a visit.

Housler Bierman FAU
Back to the top
Control functions: