Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Countdown to the 2016 FAU Football Season

Tonight we get to see a bit of the competition.  FIU, WKU and Rice who we may see in the conference championship are all on TV tonight.

Another thought, not getting ahead, but when we win Conference USA, are we going to the Boca Raton Bowl?
Back to the top

Matt C said

Another thought, not getting ahead, but when we win Conference USA, are we going to the Boca Raton Bowl?
Posted On: Sep 1st 2016, 5:49 PM #358192

I don't think anyone involved wants us to be in the Boca Raton Bowl.  They want out-of-towners to come in and spend money on hotels and restaurants, etc. It's about generating tourism dollars.

FAU wants to play elsewhere so they get exposure being in a bowl, and then the school gets exposure hosting a bowl game at the stadium. We get double exposure by playing elsewhere.  

It doesn't mean it will never happen, but it is not ideal for a lot of reasons.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Matt C said

Posted On: Sep 1st 2016, 5:49 PM #358192

I don't think anyone involved wants us to be in the Boca Raton Bowl.  They want out-of-towners to come in and spend money on hotels and restaurants, etc. It's about generating tourism dollars.

FAU wants to play elsewhere so they get exposure being in a bowl, and then the school gets exposure hosting a bowl game at the stadium. We get double exposure by playing elsewhere.  

It doesn't mean it will never happen, but it is not ideal for a lot of reasons.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2016, 8:08 PM #358196

Doesn't the champion rotate bowls now? I remember it used to be the Liberty bowl against a low end SEC team but Marshall was in the Boca Bowl when they won a few years back. WKU was in the Miami Beach Bowl last yr
Back to the top

Crossing the finish line we land at win number 73…

That's a wrap!

:cool:
Back to the top

Thanks for sticking to it, Rick! Good job.  :cool:  
Back to the top

Rick said

Crossing the finish line we land at win number 73…

That's a wrap!

:cool:
Posted On: Sep 2nd 2016, 8:40 AM #358215

That was a great game!  I am an OWL living up in Wake Forest, NC, so that was an easy game to attend!  I have to say, ODU fans are nice people. I will be supporting the OWLS every week, but you can count on me to be at the Marshall the MTSU games.  GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: