Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Countdown to the 2016 FAU Football Season

teambeer said

During a hurricane!! I listened to this one on the radio while a Cat 2 was coming thru Boca Raton…missed the 4th quarter because NOAA thought it was better to discuss our impending doom than to talk about ACH changing our program!
Posted On: Jul 9th 2016, 9:19 PM #356979

Amazing how technology has changed in just the last 12 years. We had to listen to the Owls on an actual radio in the beginning.  The reception was terrible because our house had the hurricane shutters up and it interfered with the reception. For some reason I went into my garage and got in the car and found I could hear about every other word on the car radio so I sat in the car in the middle of the night while a hurricane was hitting us and the Owls were winning in Hawaii.
Back to the top

Rick said

Here's 18…another special one:

Posted On: Jul 9th 2016, 5:28 PM #356977

Went to this, what great game.  Police surrounded the FAU group at the end of the game and took us out on the field because they were worried for our safety.  Watched Hawaians and Samoans (sp?) fighting the entire game.

The hotel extended the special for the room when I pointed out my house was directly in the eye of the hurricane on a news cast we were watching.  My friend who was checking on the house called to say everything was ok and he was cleaning up the yard and asked what I was doing.  I told him I was on the patio overlooking Waikiki Beach watching surfers having some coffee…he hung up on me.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I told him I was on the patio overlooking Waikiki Beach watching surfers having some coffee…he hung up on me.
Posted On: Jul 10th 2016, 7:53 AM #356981

:Laughing:

Back to the top

We're up to Number 19…against the old school Mean Green:

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Went to this, what great game.  Police surrounded the FAU group at the end of the game and took us out on the field because they were worried for our safety.  Watched Hawaians and Samoans (sp?) fighting the entire game.

My buddy, Cerge, who played in the game has told me the stories of this. The players were on the field celebrating after the game, and then they saw some fights and the police. He said the players all put their helmets back on because they thought they may have to fight their way out of the place. Hawaii fans are known for such antics.
Back to the top

Here's number 20…

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Rick said

Here's 18…another special one:

Posted On: Jul 9th 2016, 5:28 PM #356977

The hotel extended the special for the room when I pointed out my house was directly in the eye of the hurricane on a news cast we were watching.  My friend who was checking on the house called to say everything was ok and he was cleaning up the yard and asked what I was doing.  I told him I was on the patio overlooking Waikiki Beach watching surfers having some coffee…he hung up on me.
Posted On: Jul 10th 2016, 7:53 AM #356981

Sounds like an awesome time.
Back to the top

Number 21 on tap…

Back to the top

Here's number 22…

Back to the top

We're up to #23…

Back to the top
Control functions: