Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Early FAU @ South Carolina Preview...

"Why USC Will Win: They're supposed to. A team from the lowly Sun Belt does not come into an SEC venue and pull off a stunner. Sure, teams from non-automatic qualifying conferences have gotten close in the past, but have never been able to get over the proverbial hump on more than a few occasions. If the Gamecocks come out and play sound, fundamental football like they should, Spurrier and his club should have no problem pulling out a victory against the high-octane Owls."

Full Preview
Back to the top

Re: Early FAU @ South Carolina Preview...

Early FAU @ South Carolina Preview...

High octane Owls?

I think there may have been some water in the gas for the Nebraska game.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

High octane Owls?

I think there may have been some water in the gas for the Nebraska game.

Yeah, we should of been using High Tess for Nebraska instead of that Ethanol crap we had going.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Florida Atlantic Owls vs. South Carolina Gamecocks - Preview - September 19, 2009 - ESPN

ESPN preview of FAU vs. Scar-olina: FAU flatout outranks the Cocks in offense.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Judging by how well NU stacked up against us in the secondary, i sure hope we have some other "options" wrinkled in the play book!
Back to the top

Owlando said

Florida Atlantic Owls vs. South Carolina Gamecocks - Preview - September 19, 2009 - ESPN

ESPN preview of FAU vs. Scar-olina: FAU flatout outranks the Cocks in offense.

Yeah, if we got than kind of yardage on Nebraska, in theory we should be able to do the same against USC, we just need to finish the drives damn it!
Back to the top

Every time I think FAU has a shot in these long shot games my hopes are dashed as FAU continually gets drubbed by BCS conference teams.

My only hope in this one is based on the fact that South Carolina only scored 7 in their opener. However, we only scored 3 in our opener so I guess the edge still goes to USC especially with the solid play on defense that they demonstrated against NC State.

If FAU can keep this game within two touchdowns and put up some points of their own I will be pleased.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Every time I think FAU has a shot in these long shot games my hopes are dashed as FAU continually gets drubbed by BCS conference teams.

My only hope in this one is based on the fact that South Carolina only scored 7 in their opener. However, we only scored 3 in our opener so I guess the edge still goes to USC especially with the solid play on defense that they demonstrated against NC State.

If FAU can keep this game within two touchdowns and put up some points of their own I will be pleased.

I think FAU has two things going for them with regard to Scar-olina.

1. The Cocks will enter this game coming off of back-to-back road games against tough opponents: NC state, Georgia
  2. FAU enter this game coming off a bye week, in which they had to time to review, re-tool, and will seek redemption.

Even if we lose this game, I believe you'll see a much more exciting game. Speaking of which, who is going to any of the out-of-town watch parties?

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I honestly have NO idea on this one.

The stats from the Nebraska game are decieving in my book.

As Ted Hutton and everyone else has said FAU needs to play PERFECT football to win these games. We havent done that once in our history.

We dont NEED perfect, we dont NEED a win. These would be nice and pure gravy.

We do NEED to perform. This offense should be good enough for 17-28 points on any team IMHO. Now they just have to execute it and finish it. I expect this after 3 years of playing together. I dont think thats an unrealistic expectation at this point.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Owlando said

owlfan1 said

I think FAU has two things going for them with regard to Scar-olina.

1. The Cocks will enter this game coming off of back-to-back road games against tough opponents: NC state, Georgia
  2. FAU enter this game coming off a bye week, in which they had to time to review, re-tool, and will seek redemption.

Even if we lose this game, I believe you'll see a much more exciting game. Speaking of which, who is going to any of the out-of-town watch parties?

I hope your right.  As far as watch parties, I was hoping to go to the game, but I'll be at a wedding in Daytona Sat.  Hopefully I can catch some of the game later that night.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: