Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Eight teams who could crash the College Football Playoff in 2018

I completely agree regarding Driskel, his intelligence is what made him an incredible qb but fact is both of the qbs we have now possess much more raw talent  then him.  In regards to the O, the talent we brought in should be equal except for the big issue of time playing together but I trust the coaches.

I can see a loss against one of the three conference away games but nine has to be the number with 10 if things go our way.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Our D will win us 10 games if I was our starting QB. 
Unless the new DC messes it up this will be the best D in FAU history.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Our D will win us 10 games if I was our starting QB. 
Unless the new DC messes it up this will be the best D in FAU history.

Posted On: Jun 11th 2018, 7:56 AM #378814

He was a very good DC at S. Miss and now has even more talent to work with!
Back to the top

A-N-A-L-Y-S-I-S.

:Yawn2:  :Yawn2:  :Yawn2:  :Yawn2:  :Yawn2:  :Yawn2:  :Yawn2:

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

8 wins would be extremely disappointing. 

The defense should be dominant this year. And from what it sounds like we are still trying to go fast on offense with boy wonder OC. 

Back to the top

Analysis - on O, we should have 4 or 5 of the best playmakers in the conference.  That being said, I was not very impressed with QB play in the Spring game at all.  Maybe that had something to do with Motor not playing for the first team, but we really need to go fast so we wear teams out and we make lots of easy short 3rd and 4th down conversions (which breaks the opposing D's will).  We have to still be able to scare people with a deep ball, and I saw no consistency at all in the Spring.  I totally agree the D will be better than last year, and will win us some games and keep us in pretty much all of them.

It is extremely difficult to repeat a season like last year - this is not Alabama or Clemson where they just reload with more 5* recruits and all-americans come back for another season. I think 8 should be doable, 9 would be good, 10 is a pretty big stretch.  I hope I am wrong, as we certainly have the talent to be better than last season. But I predict losses to OU, UCF, at least 1 conference loss, and will not be shocked at a second.  I think now we are favored in 9 games, but we know that will change from week to week.
Back to the top

Don't buy into this rat poison.
Back to the top

High off last year's success:

IF we beat Oklahoma, I expect us to go undefeated and If we average 40+ points a game. We might be in convo for top 4 finalists if we fix the whole attendance issue.

Back on earth now:

Reading this thread made me realize we have a really tough road schedule. I expect us to lose @OK and a close battle at UCF. The uncertainty at QB position may hurt us IMO. Hypothetically speaking, I wish we were playing BCU and Air Force in weeks 1 & 2 to allow the Offense to gel, so we can have a better shot at Oklahoma in, say, week 4.

Had we known last year that Driskel & Motor were the solution to our offense, we would've finished the season 12-2 and be more competitive vs Wisconsin…

IMO, worst case scenario, we're a 3 loss team. Best case, 1 loss to Oklahoma.
Back to the top

If we do 9-3 plus win out 2 post season games we will be 11-3 again - who would not take that!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

If we do 9-3 plus win out 2 post season games we will be 11-3 again - who would not take that!!!
Posted On: Jun 11th 2018, 7:43 PM #378826

I would be happy with an 11-3 again. But 8 not so much because I am not sure that gets us the C-USA title, or even in the game. The Kiffin hype might slow down with that too
Back to the top
Control functions: