Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Eight teams who could crash the College Football Playoff in 2018

Going to have to rename the title of this thread…

Back to the top

Nice that we are mention in this article as opposed to the bottom 10 articles now.

BUT I don't think we can go 13-0 much either and we would have to have a perfect season to pull it off!

BUT if WE DO go 13-0 we would deserve the New Years six bowl game as the Group of 5 rep!!
Back to the top

Our 1st 3 games are extremely tough.

Air Force is no gimme folks.

We play the best CUSA teams on the road for the most part.

Dont know what to expect out of QB play and our Oline is not settled.  

New coordinators.  Offensive coordinator is a 1st time coordinator.

Injuries - ????

No need to speculate on win total.  Just enjoy the ride.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Posted On: Jun 12th 2018, 11:24 AM #378833

Isn't that kind of the point of a message board?

This is the doldrums of summer and there is nothing wrong with speculating on wins and losses.

As far as the rat poison is concerned.  We are fans not players or coaches, we have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game.  

Have some fun guys, there is no harm what so ever in posting opinions on wins and losses.

I agree regarding Air Force but I read they have quite a few issues to work through as well and believe we will be favored in that game as well and at home so if I have to choose I'm taking a W.

Toughest games:

OK
UCF
Marshall
MT
Air Force
NT - When they show up with a D I'll get worried

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

This is the doldrums of summer and there is nothing wrong with speculating on wins and losses.

As far as the rat poison is concerned.  We are fans not players or coaches, we have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game.  

Have some fun guys, there is no harm what so ever in posting opinions on wins and losses.

I agree regarding Air Force but I read they have quite a few issues to work through as well and believe we will be favored in that game as well and at home so if I have to choose I'm taking a W.

Toughest games:

OK
UCF
Marshall
MT
Air Force
Posted On: Jun 12th 2018, 12:01 PM #378834

I guess.  People are going to get all worked up and disgruntled when/if we go 8-5/9-4.  

There are a lot of variables coming into this season.  Going undefeated with our schedule would be a miracle.  

We've got a program in a good place and on the rise.  There is a lot to be excited about.  Dont really need to set the bar at undefeated.  Just show up with a cocktail in hand and enjoy the games.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

Toughest games:

OK
UCF
Marshall
MT
Air Force

I guess.  People are going to get all worked up and disgruntled when/if we go 8-5/9-4.  

There are a lot of variables coming into this season.  Going undefeated with our schedule would be a miracle.  

We've got a program in a good place and on the rise.  There is a lot to be excited about.  Dont really need to set the bar at undefeated.  Just show up with a cocktail in hand and enjoy the games.
Posted On: Jun 12th 2018, 5:46 PM #378838

I would hope no one is setting the bar at undefeated.

8 = disappointed but losses to Marshall and MT on the road would be understandable
9 = that is what I am hoping for, lose one of the two
10 = great year, win both or lose one and beat UCF (I would rather win the conference)
11 = incredible year but fairly certain it’s not going to happen
Undefeated = not gonna happen

Again, just having some fun here.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm usually the Debbie Downer. I'm sticking with 10. Maybe not as easy as last season, but 10 none the less. I think this will be our most talented team ever. Weiss Jr. will be a mini Kiffin.. I'm ready. Not going to Norman. But will be in Orlando and Miami.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

Toughest games:

OK
UCF
Marshall
MT
Air Force

Posted On: Jun 12th 2018, 5:46 PM #378838

I would hope no one is setting the bar at undefeated.

Posted On: Jun 12th 2018, 6:06 PM #378840

Hello, my name is Jack Whidden, and I have a problem.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

walty12 said

Our 1st 3 games are extremely tough.

Air Force is no gimme folks.

We play the best CUSA teams on the road for the most part.

Dont know what to expect out of QB play and our Oline is not settled.  

New coordinators.  Offensive coordinator is a 1st time coordinator.

Injuries - ????

Yeah – the schedule is tough. If we can repeat what we did last year in the win column I will be thrilled.
Back to the top

Hi, Jack !
Back to the top
Control functions: