Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2005 RECORD

FAU 2005 RECORD

With our schedule, anything above .500 would be a great accomplishment, one I think they'll achieve.
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

I think that we will surprise some people. We should definitely have a winning record and have a good showing in the Sunbelt. GO OWLS!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.kazq32.org/KTVS/SunBelt_Logo.gif

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

I think that we will surprise some people. We should definitely have a winning record and have a good showing in the Sunbelt. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

This is always tough and I tend to be conservative on this type of stuff - we will be over .500 that much I know.

Whoever predicted an 8-3 record, now that is a bold and very interesting scenerio - that would mean we upset at least one of our big four games and then go undefeated in SBC play - UNT, MTSU & Troy will be tough games to go 3-0 in that strentch will be difficult.

I do believe we will upset somebody in the first three games of the season. This will be a tough season physically for this team - how will they respond to the a new level of competetion and physical play - the team showned that they need to get in better physical shape for fall session, my oppinion.

Here's a question, how do we start the season -
start at 0-5, 1-4, 2-3 or go 3-2. I believe if the upset does happen then we start the season at 2-3, setting up SBC play from there.
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

Good points Bytor. I like our chances for one upset and I think a winning record is definitely a possibility. It really depends upon whether or not we can stay healthy and ho quickly the new offensive players gel. I like the intensity that Embick is bringing to the team. He is more outspoken than Allen and seems to be a bit of an in your face QB. He might spark a fire under this team and make some things happen.

As far as upsets, our best chance is against Kansas. It will be our first game and a serious test on the road. However, the OWLS will come to play and I think we might just pull a shocker like we did at Hawaii.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

Beating Kansas would make for an interesting scenerio with our home opnener the following weekend against Oklahoma St. - the energy level could be incredible. It could possible create a lot of interest from the fair weathered fans.

Kansas is a team also looking for answers, if we come out strong early and put some pressure on them, it could be enough to rattle some nerves and give us an edge - special teams & turnovers could make the difference.
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

I think Kansas is really one of those bubble teams. They have put together some .500 seasons and are looking for something to get them over the hump. I think they are tired of getting pushed around in the Big 12. However, they provide us with a winnable game. They haven't proven themselves to be a dominant team. I think emotionally they will be on edge. If we get up early we can probably crush their spirit and make them question their ability to be a winning team.

On the other hand, OSU provides us with a real challenge. FAU has been anything but impressive in home openers and OSU will come to play. Win or lose against Kansas, FAU will be in for a battle against OSU. This should be a very interesting season as we make the jump to the BIG TIME!!!!

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

"interesting" is a polite way of saying long….. With so may new starters, especially on offense I think were going to worked until we get to the sun belt. These guys have no game experience and are going up against some of the top programs in the country. Once we get rolling in the sun belt we ought to be above 500 for the conference…..

We just need some time to grow at this level, kansas may not be a power house but there in the big freakin 12 and they ain't colgate………
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

It will be a very hard and will seem like a long season during the first stretch of the season, but you have to be optimistic that we can at least pull one upset during the first five games (every season we have manage to pull one upset). You have to dream big, for growth and progress to occur - the guys will have fall to get ready for Kansas. You are right that these guy have very little game time experience and the game could be ugly, you just don't know how these young kids will react when game time comes, especially in front of thousand of lound fans.
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

It is true, Kansas is not Colgate. However, Hawaii wasn't Colgate nor was North Texas. FAU is two years removed from the 1-AA playoff appearance so any mention of Colgate is completely irrelevant. FAU has grown by leaps and bounds since that time and this year will be another year of growth for the "little program that could."

"Interesting" means it will be fun to see how FAU plays against better competition than they have ever faced. Yes, it has the potential to be a very long season. It also has the potential to be a very exciting season if FAU pulls off an upset. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: