Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2005 RECORD

FAU 2005 RECORD

FAU 2005 RECORD

your totally right. I'm not getting on the owls, we all want them to win. I just don't want people to be surprised if that magic from the last two years doesn't happen again.
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

I am right there with you. It is going to be a difficult road. However, I think a winning record is within the realm of possibilities. The great thing about college football is that anyone can win any given weekend. The Owls will be the underdogs in most of the games this season but if they can get a few breaks and stay healthy, they have a good shot at a winning record and possibly pulling off an upset or two. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

We all want this program to succeed and I can only speak for myself, if we fall below .500 at the end of the season, it won't deter me from supporting this team in the future - we are bound to have one of those down year and for some schools that's losing 3 games in a year. For us it's harder to define what a down year is, our schedule is the most difficult yet, making it difficult to compare to anything from our short history - there is nothing to compare to it. What will be a define moment for us is how we do in our SBC games, that should give us a measuring stick as to where we are right now. It could very well be a struggle for us to be a .500 team this year, but there is no point in aimming low, it's better to aim as high as possible and to believe
that it is possible. Football has too many tangibles that effect the out come of a game - Lofty goals, yeild higher results.

Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

By going through this hard of an out-of-conference schedule this year and the following years, the younger players will be ready whenever we play in a bowl game (and I believe we will be in a bowl game with these players). 8-)
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

Ditto Mh2os
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

Looks like 6-5 is the belief of the majority of the posters. I think that would be a respectable season for FAU and would most likely mean a 6-1 record in the SBC assuming that FAU doesn't upset any of the big boys. Is that good enough for the title? We will have to wait to find out. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

It does appear that a 6-5 season might be a strentch with the schedule we have, it'll be more important to look at how we do in the SBC overall. We could easily slip below .500 and have a descent SBC record, even with two losses.

If you take 4 of seven games (going 0-4 in the OC games) in the SB that means a 4-7 season, 5 0f seven ( 5 - 6 record ). It looks like we have a huge mountain to climb to get to 6-5 record. It'll be important to keep a good persective of what we have to face just to have a 6-5 record.
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

The more one looks at the schedule the more difficult it appears to be. I just hope that we can make a good showing in all of the games, maybe pull an upset in the non-conf. schedule, and come away in top half of the conference. That would be a successful season and something to build on. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

It is amazing when you start to break it down just how difficult it will be to have a winning season - still you have to hope for the best possible outcome.
Back to the top

FAU 2005 RECORD

As some of the more die-hard fans of the Owls, we need to set our sets higher than most people would (as long as we keep it somewhat realistic). ;) ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: