Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2019 Fall Camp - Discussion, Hopes, Predictions

I’m hoping Marquice Robinson has a chance to earn the RT spot. It sort of surprised me last year when a transfer was gifted an ol spot. Im all for kids that have been here since high school. That’s the way you build great o lines. One bright thing about the new transfer is that he will be at Rt so there won’t be a tremendous amount of pressure on him to be a great pass blocker which was a serious issue at Auburn 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’m hoping Marquice Robinson has a chance to earn the RT spot. It sort of surprised me last year when a transfer was gifted an ol spot. Im all for kids that have been here since high school. That’s the way you build great o lines. One bright thing about the new transfer is that he will be at Rt so there won’t be a tremendous amount of pressure on him to be a great pass blocker which was a serious issue at Auburn 
Posted On: Aug 5th 2019, 5:02 PM #387441

I'd rather it be a coin toss between them. Having the depth where we can argue the rightful starter would make me happy. As long as the arguing and items of argue remain friendly.

Not that it's ever enough, but I like all the coverage we've been getting here, at the UP and from the PBP (and so on). Thanks for the effort, guys and gals.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Aug 5th 2019, 5:02 PM #387441

I'd rather it be a coin toss between them. Having the depth where we can argue the rightful starter would make me happy. As long as the arguing and items of argue remain friendly.

Not that it's ever enough, but I like all the coverage we've been getting here, at the UP and from the PBP (and so on). Thanks for the effort, guys and gals.
Posted On: Aug 5th 2019, 7:29 PM #387442

Thanks, Art. And thanks, Nesters (Nesties?) for making me feel welcome. 

With the o-line, Ashley’s been sick (per Kiffin) the last few days - he was at practice Saturday but didn’t practice: he was in his jersey - his practice one, not a black non-contact one - watching and Marquice has been taking all those reps with the ones. As you get deeper into camp, Ashley’s gonna need to get situated, get his four non-full pad days in. Robinson might have the leg up there. 

We’ll see what Kiffin says tomorrow about Ashley if CA is out again. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Time to do some hittin'!

Back to the top

Time for a PICK…

Back to the top

Coach Neighbors in action…

Back to the top

One on one drills with BJ Etienne working against Kevin McCary…

Back to the top

NJOWL said

jgf2017 said

The issue is not Robison it’s the receivers have to get open. But I want Tronti to be the starter 
Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 10:34 AM #387456

I want the best quarterback to throw footballs for us. Whoever is better plays. I don’t care who it is. I think Robison has the highest ceiling.

For example, if we ever want to take down a a real P5, we need a QB with Robisons ceiling. If we want to win the conference and never beat a real P5 (which is totally fine with me), then a Driskel-esque QB will be fine. I’m ok with that but would obviously prefer to make more national noise, better for the program and #theFAU. 
Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 10:56 AM #387458

If anyone is going to Saturday’s scrimmage, I think you’ll enjoy Robison. Way too early to properly evaluate and decide on a front runner but he looks good…more poised, better throws. 

Back to the top

Not sure Saturday's scrimmage is opened….I saw the schedule posted, however the University wasn't aware. Can anyone confirm?
Back to the top

kgailing said

Not sure Saturday's scrimmage is opened….I saw the schedule posted, however the University wasn't aware. Can anyone confirm?
Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 1:27 PM #387463

Open to public, starts at 2 p.m. 

Back to the top
Control functions: