Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU; An A for disappointment.

Re: FAU; An A for disappointment.

owlfan1 said

Our makeshift O-line held up very well. Now we need to get the running game going. We can't be a one-trick pony going into the UAB game.

GO OWLS!!!

I thought so too…i kept waiting for them to nail him, but it never happened…i mean it was almost like he had a full 4 second count each time…Rose was blocking like a beast.

I cant wait for Nick to return though! ;D
Back to the top

Hemi said

Hootyhoot said

No fair weather fan here as I'm making plans for the next two away games. I'm a realist. I did not expect to win, hoped to if things fell our way, but didn't expect to. What I didn't expect was to see such a lack luster performance. The truth be told, Texas players were not all that much better than what we put on the field. The question is, why didn't we perform better?  The performace of the D and the coaches inability or unwillingness to make adjustments concerns me. After all, The Voice stated that these games are no longer "advance training games. Therefore I expect to see us competing. We did not compete!! But I'll leave it there. Week 2 is upon us and though I'm sure we will prevail, UAB is not the measure for a team who wants to take the next step into big time college football. Hopefully we will have worked through the glaring issue we have on D and compete better against Michigan ST. If not, its the NO Bowl again and don't get me wrong, I'll take that over the ST. Pete, Papa John's bowl or no bowl any day.
Don't bank on the NO Bowl. You showed some points for people to expose inn future games.

Expose this!  We lost to the #11 team in the country.  We are not a top 10 team.  We can still kick some SBC @$$.  Let's all not hit the panic button.  We did not meet expectations.  We all fell prey to all the attention and thought that equated to talent.  Just because we were getting attention, we thought that meant we were ready to beat Texas.  We were not.  Many many teams are not.  Let's rebound this next game which is what we should do and re-evaluate.  We have done an incredible job in a very short time.  We are not going to win the national championship this year.  118 other teams are not going to win it as well.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Hemi said

Hootyhoot said

No fair weather fan here as I'm making plans for the next two away games. I'm a realist. I did not expect to win, hoped to if things fell our way, but didn't expect to. What I didn't expect was to see such a lack luster performance. The truth be told, Texas players were not all that much better than what we put on the field. The question is, why didn't we perform better?  The performace of the D and the coaches inability or unwillingness to make adjustments concerns me. After all, The Voice stated that these games are no longer "advance training games. Therefore I expect to see us competing. We did not compete!! But I'll leave it there. Week 2 is upon us and though I'm sure we will prevail, UAB is not the measure for a team who wants to take the next step into big time college football. Hopefully we will have worked through the glaring issue we have on D and compete better against Michigan ST. If not, its the NO Bowl again and don't get me wrong, I'll take that over the ST. Pete, Papa John's bowl or no bowl any day.
Don't bank on the NO Bowl. You showed some points for people to expose inn future games.

Don't worry i'm sure LSU will expose Troy for future games as well….. ::)
Back to the top

You guys did fine.  Texas did pretty much the same thing to then #11, and PAC 10 co-champ, Arizona State in the Holiday Bowl.  You protected the QB better.  The score from the Holiday is deceptive as both teams scored ~20 points in garbage time against each other benches.
Back to the top

Its the first game of the season and I'm pretty sure Troy would have gotten their asses kicked last night too regardless of if your coach made any comments about their D.

Texas is a lot better then I thought they were and I give them all the credit in the world, but there's a WORLD of a difference playing a team like Texas and playing a team like Troy

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Well as a student and actualy going to Austin I had an amazing time and experience!  As for the game I think FAU should not hype a game of this magnitude anymore unless we are playing Duke or something!!!!  I feel that it was a huge dissapointment and effortless play similar to the UF game last fall.  YEs adjustments could've been made but why weren't they shown..bad play calling is also the factor…we could've scored more on texas but the same situation plays out and FAu plays it safe.. Pulling Rusty out early shows that we don't want to risk injury, but the same song keeps getting played and its horrible.  I heard Coyote Jacks was packed and many studentd and alumni made it to this trip, thinking we were going to compete.  As a fan we should at least lose with some respect and dignity and then maybe we can get the recognition that this team is  capable and deserving to have.  I think we got a lot of work to do,  but this game was an advanced trainig game to me in my eyes.  Arkansa State and ULM are beating people on the road, but then again they don't quit, they may not be ranked or the best teams but they compete for 60 minutes and WIn….something we can do more consistentl than them!!!
Back to the top

faufan300 said

As for the game I think FAU should not hype a game of this magnitude anymore unless we are playing Duke or something!!!!

The day we hype a game against Duke – unless it's during their once-in-a-generation miracle season – is the day I return my diploma.

Nah, can't say that.  We hype games against Minnesota.
Back to the top

Hootyhoot said

our DEs should be turned into D-tackles as they can't even contain this 260lb boy.

That 260lb back was Rivals' #1 rated FB in the nation for his year and #18 overall on Rivals' Texas top 100 list.
Back to the top

Guys take a chill pill. My observations were just that, my observations. However I do speak from a place of experience. My bottom line is that I expected the Owls to compete against Texas and not roll over. Offensively I think we will be fine. Defensively, well we have a lot of work to do. We will not beat Troy, ULM or Ark St. if our defense is unable to get a rush or contain a QB with the ability to move outside the pocket. Again I see the current starting DE's as d-tackles as they have no speed to be on the outside. Adjustments HAVE to be made, if not we will be having this conversation the rest of the season. Besides all good, well, all winning coaching staffs have shown the ability to make the necessary adjustments that helps put their team in the best possible position to win. Lets see what adjustments will be made for UAB. I'll be there just as I was in Texas and will have on both my fan hat as well as my observation hat. Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

Hootyhoot I agree with you outlook. I never go into a Troy game expecting to lose. I go in, even against LSU, expecting to play solid and be in the game until the end. And hopefully win. I hope none  of the players ever expect to lose. I want to see effort for 60 minutes not 45 minutes. Good luck the rest of the season except for one game.

Go Troy Go
Back to the top
Control functions: