Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Center Junior Diaz Named to Rimington Watch List

Back to the top

One thing I wish everyone would  not  do  is talk about  individual  players. Diaz is a starting center in d-1 fooball A grad student. And an outstanding young guy At his age I was no where near as successful as he. How can anyone speak negatively about a kid like him.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Yeah, but there were 12 teams better than us.  /s

I'm happy to have Junior returning.  I had the pleasure of getting to know his parents at the UCF game in Orlando - great, supportive people with a football lineage (dad played college ball and his brother is/did as well).

He also represented FAU very well at the coaches radio show.

This may not be x's and o's type of input but in qualifying Jake's comments, he does all the things you look for in a player/representative/leader.
Back to the top

You understand that last year you were saying the same stuff about our RG. Oh he’s so likeable everyone likes him and looks up to him and he’s a leader he’s older. And I pointed out that he stunk and he got benched shortly thereafter. How does that show I don’t know what I’m talking about. I literally pointed out something on my own that coaches eventually benched him for. Oc can keep on saying o don’t know what I’m talking about. By the way he’s on record saying our RG was one of our best o lineman last year. By the way, Mr. Elman wrote an article several
Months ago mentioning how great a job our grad transfers at RG and C were awesome in 2018 and provided leadership etc. just admit you’re coddling these guys, men who signed up for this knowing they’re in the public eye. How about keep on coddling these underperformers and I’ll dish out the actual facts And now that we know our C is a class act that is looked up to, who’s going to defend our C’s anemic Runblocking.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

How about keep on coddling these underperformers and I’ll dish out the actual facts And now that we know our C is a class act that is looked up to, who’s going to defend our C’s anemic Runblocking.
Posted On: Jul 21st 2019, 5:11 PM #387290

Rick, I think you found a new weekly contributor.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

You understand that last year you were saying the same stuff about our RG. Oh he’s so likeable everyone likes him and looks up to him and he’s a leader he’s older. And I pointed out that he stunk and he got benched shortly thereafter. How does that show I don’t know what I’m talking about. I literally pointed out something on my own that coaches eventually benched him for. Oc can keep on saying o don’t know what I’m talking about. By the way he’s on record saying our RG was one of our best o lineman last year. By the way, Mr. Elman wrote an article several
Months ago mentioning how great a job our grad transfers at RG and C were awesome in 2018 and provided leadership etc. just admit you’re coddling these guys, men who signed up for this knowing they’re in the public eye. How about keep on coddling these underperformers and I’ll dish out the actual facts And now that we know our C is a class act that is looked up to, who’s going to defend our C’s anemic Runblocking.
Posted On: Jul 21st 2019, 5:11 PM #387290

Not the Mr. Elman stuff again. Mr. Elman lives in Boynton, 20 or so minutes from me. The only things he’s writing are Mr. Ed posts on Facebook. And the real Mr. Elman lives in NY. 

In all seriousness, I don’t think I’d say I’m coddling these guys. I just don’t see the value in writing a 600 word story trashing a guy. From the Riles story I wrote in October:

“Analytical outlets have Diaz playing at an above-average level among C-USA centers – Pro Football Focus named him to their Week Five C-USA Team of the Week – and Riles performing well enough for an offense averaging nearly 35 points per game.“ 

I know tone gets lost over internet so I don’t want this to get misinterpreted. If there’s a guy who’s not having a great season, there’s a different story for me to write than he is a bust, shouldn’t be on scholarship, etc. How does he evaluate his performance? What do teammates and Lane see from him that’s positive? What do numbers say?

We’ll see what happens in a little over a month! At least for the actual games. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

It was a different article I believe written just after the season saying we got quality contributions from our 2 grad transfers at C and RG and they were solid and started every game. 
Trust me I fully understand that you don’t want to rock the boat. Its fine and I understand. As for the truth, it’s far different. Since I don’t know football, how am I wrong about C being terrible run blocker?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

It was a different article I believe written just after the season saying we got quality contributions from our 2 grad transfers at C and RG and they were solid and started every game. 
Trust me I fully understand that you don’t want to rock the boat. Its fine and I understand. As for the truth, it’s far different. Since I don’t know football, how am I wrong about C being terrible run blocker?
Posted On: Jul 21st 2019, 6:31 PM #387293

No one said he is a great run blocker.

You understand nuance right? He doesn't have to be a great run blocker for us to be a good running team.

We were 12th in the country running with three brand new guys in the middle. He came from a triple-option offense and needed time to adjust to new blocking schematics and technique.

Lets also not forget we are not Bama or Clemson and we will have guys that have holes in their game.

We can point out those holes with intelligent football talk without just hiding behind a user name saying "they suck''

Watch me do it for the rest of the oline.

BJ Etienne-  Technique and cut down on penalties. He played DL his senior year of high school and RS in 2017, so last year was his first time he saw full game action at oline in 2 years. I expect a huge jump from him.

Nick Webber- Coach loves his technique and the attitude he plays with,  but he needs to get stronger at the point of attack.
Expect growth as he was only a RS FR last year.

Calvin Ashley- We have not seen him here, but from what I have read he needs to just stay healthy.

See how I talked about players and their holes without trashing them?
Back to the top

+1. Exactly!
Back to the top

I hope I’m proven wrong. I lost a TON of money on preseason bets last year. Well see 
Back to the top
Control functions: