Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football 2018 Bowl Projections

Hoot_N_Holler said

GeorgiaOwl said

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

Why is there even a bowl game in Albuquerque in December?  

I’m serious, why?
Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 9:07 AM #383013

Well there are 39 bowls you gotta stick them somewhere.

Also remember these things are 99 percent about TV. It's why they will stick FAU on New Mexico on a weekday.

What's the difference if we travel 2,000 to Tampa vs 100 to New Mexico?

Bowls games are perfect back drop TV action for when the family is over you and your weird brother in law both have some cash on the game no matter if it's two 0-12 teams playing a game in Antarctica.
Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 1:15 PM #383014

I saw it posted there were about 1000 Owls fans at FIU - on the videos it sounded like we owned the place! Were there like 500 FIU fans or something??? :Laughing:

Anyhow, great job making noise in that HS stadium Owl fans, first time winning there since 2009 - that surprised me!

Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 1:22 PM #383016

Well thank you, glad you appreciated our efforts!

That's why I wasn't on the board yesterday - my voice was still sore from the game…

Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 6:04 PM #383024

What, sore throat stops you from typing??? :Big-Grin:  So glad you could be there!
Back to the top

SI and SB Nation both have us in the Hawaii Bowl after last night 
Back to the top

I wonder if that is with 6 or 7 projected wins?  My guess is 7, but I will still be at least a little surprised to see FAU anywhere other than St. Pete, Boca, or Bahamas.  Regardless - good to be seriously talking about bowls after the last 2 wins!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I wonder if that is with 6 or 7 projected wins?  My guess is 7, but I will still be at least a little surprised to see FAU anywhere other than St. Pete, Boca, or Bahamas.  Regardless - good to be seriously talking about bowls after the last 2 wins!
Posted On: Nov 11th 2018, 8:36 AM #383172

Yes it is.  Be nice to end this season on a 5 game winning streak after what we went through.  Not the season most were looking for or pundits thought we should accomplish.  

But an 8 win season with a bowl victory would be a huge comeback for us.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yea and I mean a step back was evident when looking at what we lost at the most important positions namely QB and OL. I still think Ideally we’re in Bahamas against a MAC squad 
Back to the top

Fingers crossed for Tampa. Venue stinks but will definitely attend. The other real options are possible.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Fingers crossed for Tampa. Venue stinks but will definitely attend. The other real options are possible.
Posted On: Nov 11th 2018, 12:56 PM #383182

It’s in ray jay now not the trop
Back to the top

It's more fun at the Trop than at RayJay. The Trop is quirky, with plenty of things to do before and after the game. RayJay is only good for tailgating, but only after you pay $20 to park.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Nov 11th 2018, 12:56 PM #383182

It’s in ray jay now not the trop
Posted On: Nov 11th 2018, 12:57 PM #383183

Did not know that, thanks.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

It's more fun at the Trop than at RayJay. The Trop is quirky, with plenty of things to do before and after the game. RayJay is only good for tailgating, but only after you pay $20 to park.
Posted On: Nov 11th 2018, 1:47 PM #383187

That  is true, but the set up for football at the Trop is terrible.  I’ll have an 11 year old with me so this is better for us, he’ll love the stadium.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: