Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football in the Polls

UCF and Wisconsin and Navy all winning their Bowls were very good things for us!

Also I see  that the Boca Raton Bowl was rated the worst game due to FAU DOUBLING THE 23.5 PT. SPREAD The biggest spread of the Bowl season to start with:Big-Grin:!!!!)!!!

The Owls beat a team they were supposed to by DOMINATING EVERY AREA OF THE GAME!

Let cross our fingers, pray and we shall see!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

UCF and Wisconsin and Navy all winning their Bowls were very good things for us!

Also I see  that the Boca Raton Bowl was rated the worst game due to FAU DOUBLING THE 23.5 PT. SPREAD The biggest spread of the Bowl season to start with:Big-Grin:!!!!)!!!

The Owls beat a team they were supposed to by DOMINATING EVERY AREA OF THE GAME!

Let cross our fingers, pray and we shall see!
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2018, 2:17 PM #376077

All good things for us. Memphis there's no way at 18th and now with 2 straight losses they stay in. And Fresno St. Has 2 votes less than us can't see them passing us. It's going to be nerve wracking. It'll be tough if we don't get ranked waiting the whole off season and hoping we get ranked next year. Making the AP Poll would be so sweet.
Back to the top

WE deserve BOTH polls but I would be happy with the Coaches poll!
Back to the top

As great as it would be to end the season in the Top 25 - and for as hard as our guys have worked to deserve it - I wouldn't be surprised if we stay out (but still get votes). Were there people out there thinking, "I don't know if FAU is really a Top 25 team… let me watch the Boca Raton Bowl first"? I don't know how much that win moved the needle even though it was a great performance and fantastic score.

So if we can't get a Top 25 to head into offseason, I'd at least like to see us in the Top 30-40 next preseason. That makes it much easier to vault up, though an early loss to Oklahoma would obviously derail us compared to the undefeated teams.
Back to the top

Well we're not in the AP, but we did get 32 votes, which I believe is our best ever finish. I'd expect us to finish in the top 20 next year.
Back to the top

ESPN already has their "way too early" 2018 top-25 and FAU is not in it.  Oklahoma is #4 and UCF is #21 - so opportunity is there assuming we are not too far outside.  Playing well against those schools will help us significantly come bowl-time next year.
Back to the top

We will be right there with the coaches poll -- either just in at 25 or the first or second team out I bet.
Back to the top

USA Today has us listed at #21 for their 2018 preseason poll.
Back to the top

Back to the top

I mean, what kind of society do we live in?

The season ended less than 12 hours ago and they already have out next year's top 25 forecast?!

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top
Control functions: