Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football in the Polls

owlsdad said

Doesn't Ole Miss have a 2017 self-imposed bowl ban?  
Posted On: Nov 29th 2017, 3:35 PM #374376

Yes, forgot about that.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

My point is just that we beat more teams with better records than Fresno but THEY are already top 25. And Buffalo (6-6) loss is way better than losing to Nevada (3-9). Some have said them getting ranked was just to help prop up Bamas schedule (wins over top 25 teams). Maybe, makes more sense than being ranked over us!!!!
Back to the top

Here's hoping that two wins gets us in the Top 25. If coach Kiffin stays and we get these two wins I'm confident were preseason top 25 heading to Oklahoma.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Here's hoping that two wins gets us in the Top 25. If coach Kiffin stays and we get these two wins I'm confident were preseason top 25 heading to Oklahoma.
Posted On: Nov 30th 2017, 8:36 AM #374389

Agree to both points!!!!
Back to the top

Seems a Fresno State loss to Boise State in the Mountain West championship game could help boost FAU towards the top 25?
Back to the top

3-7 Boise won so Fresno State should drop from top 25,
Back to the top

Boise was #25 the previous week, Fresno beat them and moved to 25, and now Boise wins today and probably goes back to 25.  Not sure where the 3-7 came from - Boise is Mountain West champs with the same 10-3 record that we have. 
Back to the top

Here's to hoping right?

FAU had a more convincing/dominating win in its conference championship game than Boise State.

The attention generated by the Kiffin effect helps keep FAU in the minds of voters.

On a side note, I saw the first bowl projection of the day by Stewart Mandel.  He has us playing Duke in the Gasparilla Bowl.  This got me to thinking that this weekend might be our last chance to break into the polls (because we may not get a ranked opponent).
Back to the top

It may take a bowl win before we get into the Top 25. Guess we'll find out today.

Today would be a double-good day if we got into a good bowl AND were Top 25.
Back to the top

We win our Bowl game vs. any of Duke, USF, FSU (win probability in that order IMHO), we WILL be ranked, possibly in top 20. Remember, half of the top 25 WILL LOSE! FAU at 11-3 with a 10 game win streak and Coach K will be voted in somewhere - IF WE WIN!
Back to the top
Control functions: