Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football in the Polls

Agree - unless it is a huge beatdown (like 30+ points) a win over Temple isn't going to impress anybody more than the wins we already have over CUSA teams.  And we actually already have plenty of beatdowns of similar 6 and 7 win teams.  I assume this is being done to give us the very best chance to win 11 games and the expectation is it will bring out fans.  But all they have to do is look at yesterday's turnout to see that we aren't going to get more than 15k fans for a game like this - a big name trumps a big win with attendance.
Back to the top

As far as rankings, check this one out;

130-team college football rankings: Ohio State No. 1 in S&P+ - SBNation.com

THIS poll respects the Owls - No. 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I see a lot of positives. I'm cautiously optimistic that we will crush Temple. That's 10 straight, 7 straight at home. And even if we barely miss out on Top 25 coaches poll, with 10 wins we should be preseason top 25 and getting tons of press going into Oklahoma. Also, if we deliver a beat down to an AAC team, it could help us make the move to that conference a lot quicker 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I see a lot of positives. I'm cautiously optimistic that we will crush Temple. That's 10 straight, 7 straight at home. And even if we barely miss out on Top 25 coaches poll, with 10 wins we should be preseason top 25 and getting tons of press going into Oklahoma. Also, if we deliver a beat down to an AAC team, it could help us make the move to that conference a lot quicker 
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 1:52 PM #374705

Slight thread drift.

Please explain how we land preseason Top 25 if we don't crack the Top 25 for the final polls after all bowl games are played this season.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 1:52 PM #374705

Good points AND band and cheerleaders get to be there AND students get to be there AND travel expenses ZERO!

Now the Coaches need to get the guys motivated by the disrespect shown and kick a__.  What was it Denzel said in that movie….DO IT FAU PLAYERS AND COACHES!!!!
Back to the top

Well, I really do think a beat down of Temple gets us into the top 25 of coaches poll. Ap looks to be out of reach unfortunately. And at worst we'll be first team out of coaches assuming a W. And with the whole team back and Coach Kiffin I truly believe well be preseason top 25 in both polls. The game with Oklahoma will receive major publicity as well. 
Back to the top

Interesting that the Boca Bowl site does not list anything yet. Was really hoping since UGA AND Bama got in playoff that we could take advantage of that opening by the SEC….more $$$ & more prestige.
Back to the top

And correction on students being there - this is after the kids are out.  And if the students didn't turn out in force for a $5 ticket to see the CUSA championship game, does anybody think they are going to hang around after the semester is over and pay WAY more to see us play Temple?
Back to the top

owlsdad said

And correction on students being there - this is after the kids are out.  And if the students didn't turn out in force for a $5 ticket to see the CUSA championship game, does anybody think they are going to hang around after the semester is over and pay WAY more to see us play Temple?
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 2:16 PM #374719

I was meaning the local kids who live here year round. And I hope they come anyhow. Be nice is some booster could subsidize x many tickets for student in financial need so they can go!
Back to the top

A little upset it's Akron and not Temple. I still couldn't be more thrilled with how things are going with the football program. Sure if we played in a better bowl against a big name team it would get more exposure. But it was too risky to play far away from home against a quality opponent. We need to win to get to 10 straight, which should get us into the Top 25 of the coaches poll. How about the exposure we'll get the entire offseason with a Top 25 preseason ranking. ESPN and the likes could be talking about us for weeks leading up to the Oklahoma game. It could be one of the biggest early season match ups in all of college football. We could be even more of a household name. Can't risk all of that with a bowl loss.
Back to the top
Control functions: