Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football in the Polls

I change my post above - we have to beat Akron by 100 to get any top-25 recognition.  I thought Temple was bad, but this is…. hard to even quantify.  We are CUSA champs and it is easy to argue we have the worst opponent of any CUSA school (and one of the smallest payouts).  I know it is "at home" and we'll save a little money.  But even my daughter who is a Freshman and has not missed a home game yet (including the conference championship game) is kinda like "we don't have to go" regarding the game.

And jgf2017 - a loss against a quality opponent in a well played game would have gotten us more exposure AND more respect than anything we can do against the Zips.  Lose to USF or FSU or similar in a close game would have put us much closer to the top-25.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I change my post above - we have to beat Akron by 100 to get any top-25 recognition.  I thought Temple was bad, but this is…. hard to even quantify.  We are CUSA champs and it is easy to argue we have the worst opponent of any CUSA school (and one of the smallest payouts).  I know it is "at home" and we'll save a little money.  But even my daughter who is a Freshman and has not missed a home game yet (including the conference championship game) is kinda like "we don't have to go" regarding the game.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:07 PM #374810

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!! Everyone, stop complaining, we got another home game, be there for win 11, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!
Back to the top

I do hope they still make an event out of this for our players. Put them up at the Boca Resort for the week, events, all that
Back to the top

I believe that there's incredible value in a 10 game winning streak to end the season. People like ESPN will be talking about our 10 game winning streak the entire offseason. And we'll be ranked heading to Oklahoma. People will write articles about our 10 game winning streak and maybe mention our schools growth, and who knows maybe they'll mention the possibility of us competing with the big boys annually.
Back to the top

Good point, and you're spot on.

That's how this stuff builds - it's a marathon and not a sprint.

11 win season, build the fan base with 8 games at home, national exposure, preseason ranking, dark horse Heisman candidate, talked about during the offseason and the preseason, kicking off with Oklahoma (potential 2017 national champion?).

We'll be talked about all offseason for all the right reasons…
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Good point, and you're spot on.

That's how this stuff builds - it's a marathon and not a sprint.

11 win season, build the fan base with 8 games at home, national exposure, preseason ranking, dark horse Heisman candidate, talked about during the offseason and the preseason, kicking off with Oklahoma (potential 2017 national champion?).

We'll be talked about all offseason for all the right reasons…
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 8:45 PM #374858
This is 100% correct.

Recruiting has been awfully quiet…but we had the #1 class in CUSA with Lane having less than 2 months in the position.  Will be interesting to see what gifts he brings us for Christmas.

We return nearly everybody and add some highly touted transfers.  

That Oklahoma game (while incredibly tough to win) will be HIGHLY discussed and watched.  It went from a body bag game to national spotlight.  We will be on a large winning streak and I think a 50/50 shot and being ranked heading into the game.  It's really our chance to truly make a name for ourselves.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

teambeer said

I do hope they still make an event out of this for our players. Put them up at the Boca Resort for the week, events, all that
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 8:27 PM #374855

confirmed they are staying at the boca resort… lots of parties and events leading up to the game.  They will be well taken care of - I think they check into the hotel on the 14th, possibly the 15th…

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I am a owl said

teambeer said

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 8:27 PM #374855

confirmed they are staying at the boca resort… lots of parties and events leading up to the game.  They will be well taken care of - I think they check into the hotel on the 14th, possibly the 15th…

Posted On: Dec 6th 2017, 10:18 AM #375075

Nice, practicing and playing at home is convenient (and cheaper) but treat 'em right too!!! And get the FULL BAND AND ALL CHEER AND ALL sports involved to.

THIS is the biggest weekend in FAU history, National TV on ESPN with NO other football competition AT ALL! make it a BIG EVENT FAU AND BOCA, AND FILL THAT STADIUM! We want 28,000+ (allowing for say 1K Akron fans) wild excited fans watching FAU destroy Akron on OUR STAGE!

OPEN UP THE EYES OF THE AAC TO WHAT FAU CAN ADD TO THEIR CONFERENCE!
Back to the top

If we keep this momentum (and the basketball team just got a huge win last night) we'll be a fine addition to AAC. There was a nice article that just came out talking about football programs with family on the coaching staff. It had a lot of nice things to say about father and sons. And, it mentioned that we could be top 25 at the end of the season. It also mentioned how loaded we'll be next year. It really has me thinking we could maybe give Oklahoma a game. They will have a new qb.

Back to the top

If we do go to AAC, that is where we will be for a long time. Not being negative but just indicating that will be our resting place for a fairly long time.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: