Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Brian Wright to Youngstown State Rumors

I think folks can agree that Harriott has done well with recruiting, is a good mentor from.  Sounds like a lot of the guys really look up to him.  Of course that's all important with building and maintaining relationships.  But…is he an Xs and Os kind of guy?  Can he read a defense and make adjustments to the offense? would he be willing to open up the play book?  nothing overly sophisticated but beyond Pop Warner stuff?  Just my thoughts?  

I'm not necessarily pushing Wright out the door either.  I'm strolling the fence right now.
Back to the top

Did harriott call plays at U school? Was their O prolific or meh? I guess what I am asking is can someone elaborate on his time at U school & how he carried the program? 
Back to the top

@Teambeer.. don't know what you mean by "again". Let me simplify, If I was the HAIC, I would want someone with more experience. As the HC , I would not want to put my job security in the hands of an untested guy. Very very few HS's are going to give a second year guy that position. Better ?
Back to the top

When you review HS coaches you need to see if they recruited or not. The recruiting at University School was out of control while Roger Harriott was head coach. He gave away scholarships to play football. The only way to compete in South Florida HS is to recruit. Every HS coach knows it but no one will talk about it.

IF a D1 football team beat D3 football teams each year would we call the head coach of the D1 program a great coach - no!

There are a handful of schools that recruit and this is why they win every year. They find the players and make offers that the public and smaller private schools cannot compete with.

Why is it that the same handful of teams win in football every year? Recruiting not great coaching.

Why are so many football programs going independent?

There should be two leagues in HS Football in Florida - those who recruit and those who do not recruit! The problem with this idea is that everyone would need to tell the truth.

Roger Harriott may be a great coach but it is difficult to tell because he was given a total green light to find players and spend money to recruit the best to play for University school. Just as a few insiders at University School. This is well known at the school.
Back to the top

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

Did harriott call plays at U school? Was their O prolific or meh? I guess what I am asking is can someone elaborate on his time at U school & how he carried the program? 
Posted On: Nov 26th 2014, 11:11 AM #338753

Ok University school was a 3A (the old 2b classification)
It is a very small private school that started recuriting good football players IE and Jordan Scarlett Rashard  Cuasey. Most of their schedule was pretty easy due to the fact they were playing other small
Schools. Last year the lost in the state playoff in Booker T by a few TD's and finished 10-3 loosing to a couple good teams. 
Before the start of the 2014 season the athletic department at the school was told "hey we can't pay for these football players scholarships anymore" So everyone jumped ship their coach in here and anyone with D-1 potentional is playing at St.Thomas this year.
Back to the top

If you were a stud football player who was being told that he couldn't get into a D1 program with their current grades, U School was a great place to go to get those grades up and play football.
Back to the top

There is no reason other than the coaches as to this results of this season. The players kill themselves in practice and during the game. They leave their body parts on the field. The coaches are responsible for this season and the head coach is responsible for the coaches.

The FAU team was better last year! What is the difference this year? New Coaches! Even Wright has his hands tied by the new head coach.

Chun blew it with Pelini and Wright. We got to see some of the consequences of Chun's mistakes this year on both sides of the ball. FAU will have to deal with his two big mistakes for awhile!

Ask the players who would they rather play for - Pelini and Wright or the new head coach and some of his assistants!

We should never blame the players. They work hard and deserve everyone's support and encouragement.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Guest said

There is no reason other than the coaches as to this results of this season. The players kill themselves in practice and during the game. They leave their body parts on the field. The coaches are responsible for this season and the head coach is responsible for the coaches.

The FAU team was better last year! What is the difference this year? New Coaches! Even Wright has his hands tied by the new head coach.

Chun blew it with Pelini and Wright. We got to see some of the consequences of Chun's mistakes this year on both sides of the ball. FAU will have to deal with his two big mistakes for awhile!

Ask the players who would they rather play for - Pelini and Wright or the new head coach and some of his assistants!

We should never blame the players. They work hard and deserve everyone's support and encouragement.

Go Owls!
Posted On: Nov 28th 2014, 10:09 AM #338767

Its not all one or the other. Its a combination. Yes there were some coaching mistakes. Rookie coachs do make them and yes they cost us some games. Yes some of the players did not perform as well as they could and some of their mistakes cost us games. (Quez fumble at wyoming as an example)

IT is what it is. A step back that probably should of been expected because of the turmoil that happened at the end of last year.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

What are the chances we fire Roc and pick up Mark Snyder from Texas A&M, he has ties to jim tressel at youngstown and at Ohio State so you know Chun would love it. He didn't do so well at Marshall in his 4 year stint as HC but I think he could make for an interesting D coordinator. Do you think he'd be good or if he would consider us?
Back to the top

Scott Jackson said

What are the chances we fire Roc and pick up Mark Snyder from Texas A&M, he has ties to jim tressel at youngstown and at Ohio State so you know Chun would love it. He didn't do so well at Marshall in his 4 year stint as HC but I think he could make for an interesting D coordinator. Do you think he'd be good or if he would consider us?

Posted On: Nov 28th 2014, 7:20 PM #338780

Face Palm to this.
Back to the top
Control functions: