Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Brian Wright to Youngstown State Rumors

OwlFamily said

Wouldnt be surprised to see Carl get a job back with his brother either. He's kept his nose clean.
Posted On: Dec 10th 2014, 10:08 AM #339569

Back to the top

Brian Wright has withdrawn his name from consideration from the Youngstown state job.

Back to the top

F***!!!!!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

F***!!!!!
Posted On: Dec 12th 2014, 1:46 PM #339640

Ive looked at a couple of other boards for the heck of it and I noticed most have an antagonist (literary term).  Is this the same guy that floats around several boards and plays the bad guy? I swear it seems like it's all the same guy. Why would a normal guy with friends and relationships in the university want to be the a$$ hole every post? He probably has none and gets a thrill stirring up crap to create controversy. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

owlcountry40 said

F***!!!!!
Posted On: Dec 12th 2014, 1:46 PM #339640

Ive looked at a couple of other boards for the heck of it and I noticed most have an antagonist (literary term).  Is this the same guy that floats around several boards and plays the bad guy? I swear it seems like it's all the same guy. Why would a normal guy with friends and relationships in the university want to be the a$$ hole every post? He probably has none and gets a thrill stirring up crap to create controversy. 
Posted On: Dec 12th 2014, 3:22 PM #339641

I'm not the only guy that wanted him gone.
I'm sorry I do not put blind faith into coaches like many of you do.
Last year we had the 101st ranked Offence and only 83rd the year before under Wright so yea I really really wanted him gone.
I will ask you though what do you want me to say???  
Back to the top

I think that their issue is not with your right to have the opinions you have and how you speak your mind. It's the demeanor you say it with. you can voice your displeasure without having to be so rude about the coaches and players who represent our university. 
Back to the top

Guest said

I think that their issue is not with your right to have the opinions you have and how you speak your mind. It's the demeanor you say it with. you can voice your displeasure without having to be so rude about the coaches and players who represent our university. 
Posted On: Dec 14th 2014, 12:12 AM #339684

Very well said!

I agree I don't think we are getting the job done on O, all yau have to do is look at other programs who run "similiar" O's and see we are WAY TOO conservatve. And we can't blame it on running a new system as you also can look at 1st year programs running a new O scheme and they put up numbers and points WAY better than we have!

My question in our regression on O is this toatally due to playing a stronger schedule this year (debateable). The D's we played late this year were BAD too. Look at ODU, they were giving up almost 500 yds. a game and over 40 pts. IN CUSA PLAY and held us AT OUR HOME WAY BELOW THOSE NUMBERS!

Or due to Coach W. either being held back by another D minded HC or just afarid to run HIS agressive O due to playing under a D minded HC?

To think we were 12 POINTS TOTAL in 4 COMBINED games from being 7-5 and in a bowl game (probably Bahamas). We were so close to being decent. Now we have Marshall playing in OUR STADIUM and trying to steal OUR RECRUITS in our backyard, which they do pretty well anyhow.
Back to the top

It doesn't REALLY matter if we lost by 3 points or 30 points since we seem to always be "just a few points" from winning games every year. It's not like we were losing all our games by one touchdown, then a field goal next year, to one point the year after, to winng all the games. It's not a clear progression. Losses are losses.

Losses occur because of a mishmash of talent and poor coaching decisions. We run it up the middle on 3rd and long too often and it almost never works. That's not a youth thing. That's a coaching decision. And even if Brian Wright is calling an ineffective vanilla offense, Charlie Partridge has the ability to change it. That's just the bottomline.

I'd like to see us be more aggressive, take chances. I'd rather lose by two touchdowns in a game where we attempted 5-10 trick plays versus a game where we played conservative and lost by a field goal. Of course in the moment you think, well, playing conservative will get us the win, trick plays will cost us the win, but you don't know until retrospect.

Regardless, conservative football is boring football. And wins are just as much about entertainment as they are pride and revenue.
Back to the top

See this is effective constructive criticism, not sensationalism. I applaud you two for being able to be mature in sharing your opinion that is somewhat in line with OC40's without being so over the top and disrespectful. I agree we have changes to make. I think roc was a bad choice for D coordinator. The day I saw a post saying he thought our defense was too simple and wanted to add more zone Washington e day I knew it would go downhill. I remember the players saying how much better they played when our last coordinator simplified the system and they didn't have to think about being in the right position, they used their athleticism to make plays. As far as Brian wright, I see flashes of the right calls but more often than not even I can tell you what play he is going to call. As mentioned, that's either him not doing his job correctly or coach P holding him back. Only time will tell
Back to the top

Hey guys, THE Ohio State U apparantly has an O staff postion coming open;

Report: Houston to hire Ohio State OC Tom Herman as coach | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo Sports

What do ya think…
Back to the top
Control functions: