Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Brian Wright to Youngstown State Rumors

don't think he would go there. if he turned down the Youngstown State job, he wont be taking that position.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Hey guys, THE Ohio State U apparantly has an O staff postion coming open;

Report: Houston to hire Ohio State OC Tom Herman as coach | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo Sports

What do ya think…
Posted On: Dec 15th 2014, 1:06 PM #339709

How does that have anything to do with Brian Wright or FAU?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Hey guys, THE Ohio State U apparantly has an O staff postion coming open;

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report–houston-to-hire-ohio-state-oc-tom-herman-163502195.html

What do ya think…

Posted On: Dec 15th 2014, 1:06 PM #339709

I think they are two schools from out of conference and has no effect on us.  Many people criticize Brian Wright and think he should be fired or hope he gets hired somewhere else.  In those people's opinion why would they want our garbage?   Ohio State (forget the THE) is not looking for a 3-9 offensive coordinator. 
Back to the top

I think we need to worry more about Tulsa's new head coach now. He is the former Baylor OC… We have Tulsa on our schedule next year.
Back to the top

I hate to post anything positive on here and rock the boat. I think Brian Wright withdrawing his name is a good sign that he is on board with the progress of this team. If thought the future looked bleak at FAU he would have stayed in the race at Youngstown.

Before anyone attacks this post because of his play calling, I majored in accounting. If I thought I knew more about coaching than professional coaches, I would be doing that right now. Im sure a football coach couldn't do my job either and would have no right to criticize my work. According to a professional seasoned coaching staff, they thought their calls were appropriate. If the play works, we praise them and call them geniuses. If it doesn't work, we criticize. I'm sure they would have like to have some do-overs but that goes for all the coaches in the country.

I'm on board with FAU. Go Owls.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Geez Illinoiowl. You make too much sense. You're no fun.Solid points.
Back to the top

Just thinking from Ohio, ties to Jim Tressel, that type of stuff. Even as a position coach there he would make way more than he does here, let alone as the OC of a Power5 team.
I like how we played the last 4 games last year, even if it were against weak competition. This years end of season schedule face weak D's across the board. What happened with our play calling and why did we regress with a more experienced qb?
Just questions I hope the staff or even simply Coach W think about and address this off season!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Even as a position coach there he would make way more than he does here…
Posted On: Dec 15th 2014, 7:49 PM #339718

Maybe that's not important to him…like this:

Back to the top

just to put this to bed. Bo Pelini took the Youngstown State job, so that is closed.
Back to the top

From HC at Power 5, Big10 Nebraska to ------ FCS Youngstown State! QUITE A DROP I would say!
Back to the top
Control functions: