Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU to play South Carolina in 2009

Re: FAU to play South Carolina in 2009

South Carolina would be a cool road trip.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

South Carolina was a great road trip with the prOWLers in 2006.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Florida_Owl said

owlfan1 said

Florida_Owl said

I wish we played them this year….next year will be very tough…

Next year will be more difficult, but we will still have Rusty so his leadership should go a long way. Also, hopefully we are to the point of building enough depth that we can simply reload as opposed to having to rebuild.

GO OWLS!!!

This is true…good point…i should be more positive towards the foundation we have waiting in the wings :)

Tend to forget about those up and comers…

It is easy to forget since historically a really good year has been followed by a really bad rebuilding year or two. Hopefully we are past that.

GO OWLS!!!

Since last year was a really good year…lets hope so.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I went to Columbia with some friends two seasons ago as well and we had a very good time, good people. The stadium is a cool site to walk up to, it's pretty cool looking. The nightlife was fun as well, hopefully next year we're a little more threatening to them than we were back then, so they might not be as friendly.
Back to the top

I wonder what Ol' Ball Coach Steve Spurier will say about us this time…last time was:

"They aren't a good football team…and if they want to hear that, then let them hear that."

Everytime i see that guy on the sidelines, it looks like he is pinching a loaf…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

I wonder what Ol' Ball Coach Steve Spurier will say about us this time…last time was:

"They aren't a good football team…and if they want to hear that, then let them hear that."

Everytime i see that guy on the sidelines, it looks like he is pinching a loaf…

wow, he really said that?  well, I think every coach in the SEC is saying the same thing about his Gamecocks.  I would not mind playing them again, especially since I dont think Spurrier will still be coaching there when we do….went from god at UF, crap in the NFL, axed at South Carolina…"He isn't a good football coach…and if he wants to hear that, then let him hear that."

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Well Rusty will have a chance for revenge of 2006

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

walty12 said

wow, he really said that?

yes sir…ill try and get the link for it…it was in print from an SC paper or other written media source…

update:

i looked walty…cant find it…but did remember it was not in the paper…made a mistake on that…was on the CSS Network - games of the week show…prior to the game…so, even worse than print…it was on TV…….

He back peddled on his weekly press conference and said "they are a pretty decent team"…

i remember there was some smack talk about him saying that…
Back to the top

I remember hearing that Spurrier did say something to that effect, but don't know his exactly words.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

He said it.

The truth is that FAU wasn't a very good team at the time. FAU went 2-9 in 2005 and was 0-3 in 2006 and had been outscored 147 to 14 in the three games going into the South Carolina game.

Maybe Spurrier should have kept his mouth shut, but he what he said was pretty accurate at the time.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: