Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Oklahoma Line Announced

First off, 21 points is not that big of a dog, even if it doesn't go down, which it probably will. It wouldn't even be that big of an upset if we won. There's been numerous articles in the past month that mention the possibility of us winning or giving OU a game. Expect that to continue. Their new LT could be amazing but they still have to replace QB, LT, C, TE. And they lose 4 off a defense that was not one of OU's better defenses to say the least. There's some so so teams that hung up big numbers on them. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

First off, 21 points is not that big of a dog, even if it doesn't go down, which it probably will. It wouldn't even be that big of an upset if we won. There's been numerous articles in the past month that mention the possibility of us winning or giving OU a game. Expect that to continue. Their new LT could be amazing but they still have to replace QB, LT, C, TE. And they lose 4 off a defense that was not one of OU's better defenses to say the least. There's some so so teams that hung up big numbers on them. 
Posted On: Jan 21st 2018, 2:24 AM #376536

This reminds me back when I was going to FAU the season after we won the NO Bowl, a lot of hype going into that Texas game, some media even gave us an upset watch.  We were promptly dismantled by the Longhorns (who were suppose to have a down season).

Look, I hope we give them the game of the year, but the sheer amount of depth and talent OU has is not to be dismissed, the drop off between talent levels of C-USA and Big 12 are still huge.  One problem we've always seemed to have when playing Big 12 or Big 10 teams is the size difference in the lines, I wish we made more of an effort to schedule more ACC or even PAC-12 opponents.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

In what world do you live in that 21 points is not a huge spread? 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

jgf2017 said

In what world do you live in that 21 points is not a huge spread? 
Posted On: Jan 21st 2018, 7:38 AM #376540

:Laughing:
Back to the top

Iowa State won at Oklahoma last year and they were 31 point underdogs. I don't know for sure what the point spreads were in our "body bag" games over the years, but they had to have been in the mid 30's at least. G5 teams get hot and pull off major upsets on a regular basis. OU is not invincible and they're not stacked with dozens of future NFL all pros. They can be beaten.
Back to the top

I'm with you…anything can happen…not counting on it, but still.

Three lines of note:

2017 @ Wisconsin +34.5, lost by 17 = 17.5 our way.

2015 @ UF +31, lost by 6 = 25 our way.

2013 @ USF +10.5, won by 18 = 18.5 our way.

Back to the top

Rick said

I'm with you…anything can happen…not counting on it, but still.

Three lines of note:

2017 @ Wisconsin +34.5, lost by 17 = 17.5 our way.

2015 @ UF +31, lost by 6 = 25 our way.

2013 @ USF +10.5, won by 18 = 18.5 our way.

Posted On: Jan 21st 2018, 2:57 PM #376547

I do agree with this. I will make the trip for the experience, but have no expectation of winning, but if we’re ever gonna best a top 10 team it’s as good of a shot we will ever have. 
Back to the top

I know we're looking at all the people that Oklahoma has to replace, and how that's a weakness for them, but I think it's important to remember that we're also replacing our starting quarterback, several linemen, wide receivers, secondary, and our offensive coordinator. I think replacing some of these guys actually hurts us a lot more than their replacements hurt them. Oklahoma has no problem recruiting top talent, at both the coaching level and the player level, and Lincoln Riley is on his way to becoming one of the best coaches in the game if he continues the success he had this year.
Back to the top

If we win (and that's a big IF), think about the headlines mentioning our 24 year old OC pulling this unfathomable upset.

:Smug:  :Smug:  :Smug:  :Smug:
Back to the top

I'm not aware of any losses to our secondary. In fact, the only defensive contributors we lose are Taleni and Nagel (who was a backup). I wouldn't say that we have to replace our QB. Obviously Driskel left Bc Robison was going to take over. So that can be viewed as an upgrade. We just signed a phenomenal Center who had offers from several powerhouse programs coming out of HS. OU loses a lot. It's not as simple as replacing those guys and automatically contending for a NC. Come actually game time, a lot of people are going to keep an eye on this game as a potential upset.
Back to the top
Control functions: