Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Oklahoma Line Announced

This is our 4th winning season since joining FBS. These things take time.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

fauowl said

jgf2017 said

I know it sounds crazy, the possibility of us going undefeated. I wonder if we'd make the playoff.
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2018, 8:26 PM #376571

No.

Wisconsin beat nine P5 schools in a row and couldn't get in.  We play one P5.  We would need to beat Oklahoma by 60 and then have Oklahoma kill everyone else for people to at least wonder how good we might be.  We are in CUSA. We will never have the body of work with the current system.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 9:19 AM #376581

Thank you. Let's focus on winning our conference, knocking off Airforce, and next time the conferences expand, moving to a P5 conference. At that point, we can have all the conversations in the world about whether we can beat Bama in the national championship.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 9:23 AM #376582

…..keep soundly beating your conference opponents, claiming the title in consecutive years, and do good things in your OOC schedule (this year would be don't lose to OU by more than 17, beat AF, don't lose by more than 7 to UCF)….do these things and we could be players to move into the AAC when conference realignment starts again….then once the playoffs expand to 8 teams, the conversation of "if FAU went undefeated would they get into the playoffs" can be had….the bar UCF set last year is the highest it can go for us at this time…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

As much as I love Briles, I think our new OC can be viewed as an upgrade. KB mentioned that he had to rely on the running game when he really wanted to pass more. But he ran a spread offense at Baylor, not a pro style passing attack. Weis has been around pro style passing attacks, and his father could very well provide some input. With Driskel, I don't know if it was possible to have a pro style passing attack. But with Robison it could be possible if he's the real deal. That could cause serious problems for OU.
Back to the top

We will likely have to pass more against them because our run game will likely need more time to come together - as it did when we played Navy and Kiffin didn't even want to try and run.

Not saying we are in that spot altogether, but don't expect us to come out like we played the last eight games of the season in the run game.
Back to the top

And I really like the idea of having Monte Kiffin and Charlie Weis wandering the halls at the Ox.
Back to the top

We have ruined Lincoln Rileys summer, that's for sure. What was an easy tune up game when it was booked a few years back has just turned into his greatest nightmare…having to gameplan against Lane Kiffin, Monte Kiffin and Charlie Weis.

They have far more talent, no doubt, but don't think for a second Riley is taking this game lightly anymore.
Back to the top

David and Teambeer are right on. The minds that we have backing FAU right now couldn't be bought. Monte and Chuck Sr. are so valuable.
Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The HYPE begins BIG TIME!!!!!

Friday Five: College football teams that will receive the most offseason hype - CBSSports.com

WOW!!!!!
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2018, 8:58 AM #376846

With this kind of attention on the program, let's get the stadium (at least more) full. Some of the showings last year were very disappointing, and it will be more of a national talking point if we continue to get sparse crowds.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The HYPE begins BIG TIME!!!!!

Friday Five: College football teams that will receive the most offseason hype - CBSSports.com

WOW!!!!!
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2018, 8:58 AM #376846

Well that was a nice read. So even if we lose to OU it's all good we'll just got 12-1.  :Big-Grin: Oh, and a NY6 berth. Well apparently the NY6 thing is already getting thrown around. I'd expect articles like this to be written all off season, and especially as the season nears. The thing that's surprised me, is I didn't know we'd ever have an off season like this. To have it be possible a NY6 berth or a top 10 ranking is just amazing. Come kickoff, even if the line is hovering around 18-20, there's going to be a lot of people expecting a good game. The fact that no one would be surprised if it was close shows how far we've come.
Back to the top
Control functions: