Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Wins New Orleans Bowl

Re: FAU Wins New Orleans Bowl

BMarkey, you must be very proud. She'll remember this the rest of her life. Although, sounds like she might pass out from hyperventilation.  :D

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I'm sure she had a better time this year than last year (with me).

:)

She and some friends have been to New Orleans three times in one year (stopped there on during their trip to the SunBelt basketball tourney). The band also went to the NCAA women's hoops tourney.

EDIT: The buses are probably somewhere between Tallahasesee and Lake City by now.

Back to the top

Congrats Owls! A Bulls fan here, but I became an Owl Believer after the USF/FAU game. You guys have a good program going and I can only see you guys going up. It's a changing of the guard in Florida. USF and FAU are on their way to becoming THE teams in Florida. Go Owls! And best of luck to you in the future!

-George
I'm a USF fan and an Owl Believer!
Back to the top

I am still trying to recover from last night  8)

WOW, what a game - the fans where awesome & lound all night, a great experience all around, you could feel the excitement from the fans before & after the BIG WIN!!  The players presented themselves with class on Bourbon St in celebration afterwards, having a great time.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

So proud of our kids, one and all. Way to represent our U.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Hell of a game Owls!! Congrats..now get to rooting for USF on New Years Eve!!!
Back to the top

BiggTipp said

Hell of a game Owls!! Congrats..now get to rooting for USF on New Years Eve!!!

You got my vote BiggTipp. I'm rooting for USF it would be nice to see UF lose. I'd say FSU but that's a given. I'd like to see FAU, USF, and UCF all with wins while UF, and FSU lose

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I'm really looking forward to hearing how bad the NCAA penalty on FSU will be and watching Kentucky destroy them.
Back to the top

It was a great end to a season in which we had many firsts. Our three marquee wins (Minnesota, Troy, Memphis) really raised the expectations for next year. Like Coach said, now the objective is to win every game. Duffy's was a lot of fun (and packed with Owl fans) for those that made it.

Because we won I get to use this picture of the post-game celebration again, spontaneously caught in the Breezeway:

Back to the top

Not just won but blew up Memphis.  Saw a little clipping in the LA Times today.  Great job!!
Back to the top
Control functions: