Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Nine - FAU vs Marshall

352Owl said

Just hoping we don't have another road game meltdown like in Miami.
Posted On: Oct 24th 2014, 1:55 PM #336998

what roadway meldown in Miami? for all I know, last time we played in Miami was vs the hurricanes last season… ijs…(selective amnesia  :Big-Grin: )
Back to the top

FAU has a big mountain to climb tomorrow in Huntington, WV. The Owls must keep the Herd offense off the field and have zero turnoveplus no penalties to have a chance to win. Final score - FAU -  27,  Marshall - 35.
Back to the top

FAU 05 said

If we ever dream if upsetting a top 25 team, I've never seen a opportunity like this one.

Agreed, if they play similarly to the way they did last year. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like that will be the case. One can only hope they have a bad day.

owl in training said

Roc finally adjusts the defense, none of this gifting 5-7 yards cushy stuff.  

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I've seen this team force turnovers and make crucial stops so I tend to think of it as a decent defense but coverage from other media sources - like those doing predictions for the Herd - have pointed out that we actually don't have a decent defense, we actually have a very bad defense.

Surprising how many articles have used those exact words: "very bad defense". They cite how many points we've given up, even in our wins, to teams that aren't anything special.

And I keep hearing two things from our coaches: 1) if we play close, we get beat on the big play down the field; 2) if we play back, we give up 5-7 yards. It's like they can't find a happy medium. For years and years. IIRC, even when we went to the bowl games we weren't necessarily a good defense, we were okay to bad, but our offense was good enough to make up for it and outscore the other team. Seems like that's happening again. Our wins have all been 40-50 points.

Which means if we're going to beat Marshall, we have to outscore them. If they put up 50, we have to put up 51.

So it ultimately comes down to defenses and on paper they have us beat.
Back to the top

you see snippits of our decent defense here and there.  example would be after half WKU game when we were putting that pressure on them and forcing turnovers. bad example would be first half. uh…very bad example would be the first couple of minutes of the game.
Back to the top

I think we make a good showing , but MU a bit too much this year. MU 40  FAU 31
Back to the top

As always, no prediction. There will be a football game played tonorrow that can either be a landmark moment in our university's history or just another game. 

Quez, lucky, & one of the running backs will have to have ridiculous games for us to keep it close.

If Kirk, Parms, smith/Leblanc, & the d line can hold it down, then we will have a shot. 

Absolutely not saying we are going to win, but we may have a shot. 

No point in predicting a squad as bipolar as ours. 

Will they rise to the occasion? Who knows? No point in posting a score prediction. 

I sure hope Charlie has us kill it tomorrow. 
Back to the top
Control functions: