Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Fourteen - FAU vs Old Dominion

Here it is, the final game of the 2014 Season.

After last week's crushing result, it's now about one thing and one thing only this Saturday against Old Dominion:

Montage FAU Football

Like the results of this year or not, these guys have laid it on the line for our common cause - with class and commitment - and deserve to go out with some dignity and support.

Should a win be in store?

Absolutely.

For the first time in a while the opponent's rushing game won't be such a focal point, and they can cash in on playing solid defense in an area they perform reasonably well in.

Not to mention some advantages on the other side of the ball which should manifest themselves into a Happy Ending when the final whistle is blown.

Monarchs 27  Owls 36

What says you??

Back to the top

I'm spent. No prediction. Just hope for the best. Lets hope for a good February.
Back to the top

I briefly crunched some numbers (mostly to prove that my analysis means nothing).  I only looked at conference games to eliminate anomalies created by games like Alabama, etc.

OD averages about 35 points per game.  FAU gives up exactly 35 points per game so I am giving OD 35 points.
FAU averages 26 points per game while OD gives up 44 points per game.  That averages 35 points. So I am giving FAU 35 points.

Final ODU 35 FAU 35. TIE. Winner determined in OT.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

C'mon Mark, we get 3 for home field advantage don't we, especially playing at noon, out of town teams get tired faster in the heat on that east sideline! I'll go FAU 38-35.

And I am reading Coach Roc praising the ODU qb saying he is the best we have faced this year. BS - he wilts under pressure and fails vs. good D's - GO AFTER HIS A__. STOP RESPECTING THE OTHER O AND LET OUR D PLAY! GET AFTER 'EM AND GET ON 'EM, EVERY PLAY!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

C'mon Mark, we get 3 for home field advantage don't we, especially playing at noon, out of town teams get tired faster in the heat on that east sideline! I'll go FAU 38-35.

And I am reading Coach Roc praising the ODU qb saying he is the best we have faced this year. BS - he wilts under pressure and fails vs. good D's - GO AFTER HIS A__. STOP RESPECTING THE OTHER O AND LET OUR D PLAY! GET AFTER 'EM AND GET ON 'EM, EVERY PLAY!

GO OWLS!
Posted On: Nov 28th 2014, 6:00 PM #338779
We have to attach the qb and put pressure on him  limit his time an options
Back to the top
Control functions: