Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU vs BALL STATE 09/24/2016

Must win game for the Owls coming off a one sided loss to KSU. I am not sure quite what to make of this one.:Thinking:

Ball State beat Georgia State and Eastern Kentucky and lost to Indiana, but played the Hoosiers closer than FIU did. I know that is odd football math, but based on that alone FAU should not be overly confident.

Neither team is very good, but BSU has done a bit more to impress me. I think this game is going to be a toss-up. I know that is not a popular opinion, but FAU has not proven that they can play four quarters of football. The Owls need to win each quarter. Getting behind early will make for a long day. All else pretty much equal, the depth of athleticism should be in FAU's favor.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 27 - Ball State 24

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I wish I could be more optimistic…but:

QB - Has yet to look like he is confident and in control of a game.  
OL - Been completely ineffective, even agains FCS Ill State.  Another switch around this week.  The Bain injury has proven to be devastating for this team thus far.
DT - Not able to command any sort of double team.  Cant get off blocks in the middle to stop basic running plays.
LB - Havent lived up to potential.  Not talented enough to make up for lack of experience/talent at DT.
DB - Horrendous games vs Ill St and K State.  Played extremely well vs. Miami.

Turnovers, penalties, etc on top of it all.  Further making things worse, we dont match up with Ball State's strenghts.  This is going to be a LONG LONG evening for us FAU faithful.  

Ball State - 31
FAU - 13

:Loser:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

If we lose 31-13 to Ball State at home their will be a coaching search thread on Sunday.

I'm holding out hope we play motivated 26-24 Owls.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

If we lose 31-13 to Ball State at home their will be a coaching search thread on Sunday.

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 12:31 PM #359608
Mind as well draft the topic to post.

If there is one thing I know, if you cant block for the running game nor the passing game (which we haven't been able to)…there isn't much you can do.  I hope I am wrong, but at this point I dont see it.  We are missing talent at too many important postitions.

Back to the top

walty12 said

OL - Been completely ineffective, even agains FCS Ill State.  Another switch around this week.  The Bain injury has proven to be devastating for this team thus far.
DT - Not able to command any sort of double team.  Cant get off blocks in the middle to stop basic running plays.
LB - Havent lived up to potential.  Not talented enough to make up for lack of experience/talent at DT.

Turnovers, penalties, etc on top of it all.  Further making things worse, we dont match up with Ball State's strenghts.  This is going to be a LONG LONG evening for us FAU faithful.  

Ball State - 31
FAU - 13

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 12:17 PM #359606

I was not aware that FAU played Illinois State. It was Southern Illinois. :Winking:

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

walty12 said

Ball State - 31
FAU - 13

I was not aware that FAU played Illinois State. It was Southern Illinois. :Winking:
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 1:01 PM #359610
Sorry, was too busy watching us get destroyed on the lines, tip easy interceptions up for touchdowns and miss tackles to look at who we were actually playing.  :Poo:

Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

walty12 said

Ball State - 31
FAU - 13

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 1:01 PM #359610
Sorry, was too busy watching us get destroyed on the lines, tip easy interceptions up for touchdowns and miss tackles to look at who we were actually playing.  :Poo:
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 1:19 PM #359611

That is what I figured. Probably would not have won against Illinois State. They are far better than SIU.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 12:31 PM #359608

If we lose Saturday I'll help you start it! Butch Davis is still waiting for a job no?
Back to the top

teambeer said

If we lose Saturday I'll help you start it! Butch Davis is still waiting for a job no?
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 1:59 PM #359614

Who is going to write the check to buy out Partridge's contract?  I heard he signed 5 years, is that correct?  So we would owe him 2 years for approx. 1.2 - 1.3 million.  We can't pay our sales associates.   :Laughing:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

teambeer said

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 1:59 PM #359614

Who is going to write the check to buy out Partridge's contract?  I heard he signed 5 years, is that correct?  So we would owe him 2 years for approx. 1.2 - 1.3 million.  We can't pay our sales associates.   :Laughing:
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2016, 3:15 PM #359617

Ha!  Exactly.

That's really why all of the "fire charlie" stuff does no good, serves no purpose.  Our fan base isn't big enough and doens't give enough $$$ to put the pressure on anybody to fire our football coach.

Back to the top