Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: Boca Bowl FAU vs Akron

I'm eating chepotle on the way.  I have two Holiday day offs in the next 15 days. Work schedules are demanding when completion bonuses are involved.
Back to the top

I have to work tomorrow otherwise I would be going as well. Owls win. 49-10
Back to the top

I would like to break 60 points or something crazy… agreed, this will be a joke - the more I read about Akron and watch clips the more they look like a pushover…

We'll win by more than 30.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I predict that John Franklin III will not drop the ball on the 1 inch yard line again and that Owlsley will pick 2 fights with their Kangaroo mascot.

Score: FAU 55 Akron 14

Attendance: 16,554
Back to the top

Not going to make a score prediction.

I will be happy with a win, considering how far we have come, but I expect to win by at least 30.

My attendance prediction:
- announced crowd of 26k
- actual crowd of 12k

I do not expect to see very many Akron fans (less than 2k and I would be surprised if it was even close to 2k) and many FAU fans were priced out of going. Boggles my mind that there is no group rate (like a family pack) for this game. But then again, ESPN does it for the television ratings and literally does not care about attendance, and I do not necessarily blame them for that.

Regardless, we have one of the best coaches in the country and will have him for at least one more year. Let's all just enjoy the LaneTrain.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

When people ask me how much we're going to score on Akron:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I can see maybe a somewhat slow 1st quarter as teams feel themselves out. By the second quarter we will start heating up and should take complete control  early in the second half. This game will cap off what is a magical season in Boca.

FAU - 55
Akron - 21
Back to the top

FAU rolls.

Owls 48 Zips 27

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Yeah, could get ugly....42-6 Owls

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: