Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions - FAU @ UCF

Coming into the season this is the game I was most looking forward to, and I believed that winning this game would be a great stamp on this season. Unfortunately what I have seen the first 3 weeks is a very average football team. FAU's defense is underachieving, and the offense is still finding its legs. What makes it worst is that UCF even with an entirely new coaching staff looks like they haven't lost a step.

Even if this game is close how can we can have any confidence the special teams won't lose the game for FAU? That is something we dont have to worry about. UCF should easily cover the spread. I just hope we aren't embarrassed, and I don't leave the stadium in the first half like I did in Norman because I couldn't watch the beating anymore. I fell for the rat poison before the year, and I believe this is the beginning of a very forgettable year where we going bowling, but we fall extremely short of expectations.

UCF wins 41-17 
Back to the top

Tough game. FAU is not where we expected them to be. I think the offense does keep this competitive, but UCF is on a different level. UCF has not been tested this season. Having an extra week to prepare, due to Hurricane Florence, should be to their benefit. However, it may have been a distraction and thrown off their routine. I think UCF would have benefited from playing UNC. Even so, no homer here. UCF takes the win.

FEARLESS PREDICTION

UCF 42

FAU 30

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I don't even know how to come up with a score, but it would seem the Knights are more likely to score 50 than they are to score less than 40.  Even in a high-output yardage game against AF the Owls only scored 33.  So hard for me to imagine UCF not easily covering the spread.

That being said, those Vegas guys are eerily close on most games.  So maybe it ends up around 14 - but I think UCF will want to prove something with a big TV audience watching and FAU only stays that close with maybe some late scores.  If I was betting, I'd certainly give the points and take the Knights based on what I have watched the first 3 weeks.
Back to the top

44-28, My heart says FAU, but my brain says UCF on top.  Our defense does not get any pressure on the QB and missed tackles allow extra yardage.  Might as well throw in a blocked punt too since that seems to be a common issue for us now.  

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

38-27

Knights

(sorry to say)
Back to the top

Rick - I know why you are sorry, but you have the game closer than anybody else.  So at least you have a little more faith than the rest of us!
Back to the top

UCF - 51
FAU - 24

I don't see how we stop them, honestly. Think it may be interesting after 1q because of their week off, and then they will likely settle down and gash the D. Hope I am wrong obviously. I just haven't seen anything so far to make me think we can compete against the #16 team in the land at their place.

Back to the top

I think we're gonna play loose…..I think we're going to run the ball and then hit a couple of home run plays over the top….

FAU 36
UCF 31

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

OK - now Rick should feel bad  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

owlsdad said

OK - now Rick should feel bad  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Sep 18th 2018, 2:35 PM #380949

:Laughing:

We have to crack one of these big show games eventually… why not now!
Defense holds them off just enough, Offense Rolls, and the nation continues to see why Motor is #1!!!

FAU 41
UCF 38

GO Owls!
#redandblue #koolaid
Back to the top
Control functions: