Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2018 - FAU vs La Tech

Really my only reasoning I think FAU pulls this out is they have played much better at home this year and they will respond after last week. I think the defense will cause a couple turnovers and set the offense up with a short field or two.

FAU wins 28-24
Back to the top

We’re a different team at home than on the road. If Robison plays I think we get back to that fluidity on offense and get the W 38-21. If Robison doesn’t play, I still think we win but it’ll be a much closer game. Score will be 27-21 Owls with DeAndre rushing for 84 yards and a TD to compliment monster games by Motor and Kerrith 
Back to the top

Don’t know.  Like to see some of the younger guys start to get live reps (injury will force some of this anyway). To me the rest of this seasons purpose is to build for next year.

The fan in me want to see us rebound and play a dominate game.  One where we run the ball like we have a pair and don’t make a stupid mistake nearly every single possession.  

The realist in me says the upper classmen are going to have a tough time not being broken after the losses we’ve incurred and how we’ve incurred them.  

This week it hit, the reality is every goal this team probably set out to accomplish this season is no longer attainable.  I think we’re going to see what Lanes true colors are next 5 games.  Can he keep the team together in this type of time?  To me this is the toughest of times for a leader to keep things together.

With the “we play better at home” talk…the 3 teams we’ve played at home are the worst teams we’ve played by a country mile.  Think that has more to do with it.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Tough week to predict. Last week's loss put things in perspective. We are not who we thought we were. LaTech doesn't have a signature win this season. Even so, they are a 5-2 team. They played a fairly close game against LSU (it was 24-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter). I am not confident that the Owls could have done the same.

The offense has not met preseason expectations and was shut down against Marshall. Expect LaTech to be taking notes from that film.

No common opponents makes this a tough one to call. In addition, both teams are averaging close to 30 points per game. FAU has the edge at 31 to LaTech's 29. The points allowed is a different story. LaTech has allowed 23 points per game to FAU's 38. However, FAU has faced two high powered offenses in Oklahoma and UCF. Both teams have far more offensive production than LaTech's best opponent LSU.

This game is going to come down to execution and whoever wins the turnover battle. It is pretty much even otherwise. I am going to be a homer this week.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 34

LaTech 31

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I guess in the "still left to play for" category is bowl-eligibility.  Kiffin even mentioned that in one of his interviews about how when he got here last year that was a real goal and would have probably been considered a "good" season in 2017 but not now.

LaTech did beat UNT back when the world thought North Texas had become the class of CUSA (that mantle now seems to fall to UAB or maybe even FIU depending on how the 2 finish the season).  I am hopeful that we do play a little better (or at least make a fewer mistakes) at home.  I get the teams we have played, but Robison has looked more comfortable.  I also am hopeful that the upperclassmen realize a slip-up in this game means we will probably HAVE to win one of the very tough road games at FIU or UNT to get to a bowl.

I am going with the line I can find:
FAU 31
LaTech 27

Although it will be interesting to see us get 31 (means we have to make a FG).  So something more like 35-31 might make more sense giving us 5 TDs.  We probably also go for 2 a couple of times, so even that logic is out the window!!!
Back to the top

The only thing I am comfortable with on this game is that the team who plays the best will win…if we play like we are capable of, that should be us, but honestly have no idea how we will perform given the uncertainty of the injuries, etc.

That said, if we do win…

31 -23 Owls
Back to the top

This is a huge game in more than one way. If we continue our 10 game home winning streak, then the next 2 should be a piece of cake. Toss in a possible Boca Bowl beat down and we could have a 14 game home winning streak going into the UCF game. 

FAU 51
LT 17
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

This is a huge game in more than one way. If we continue our 10 game home winning streak, then the next 2 should be a piece of cake. Toss in a possible Boca Bowl beat down and we could have a 14 game home winning streak going into the UCF game. 

FAU 51
LT 17
Posted On: Oct 25th 2018, 8:22 PM #382426

You’re officially the Tony Robbins of the Owls Nest

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Now for Debbie Downer….FAU 21   LTU 31. Lane needs to step up his game if he ever wants one of the big boys to think he is a quality head coach. Sorry.
Back to the top

we better win….
103-18
Back to the top
Control functions: