Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions : 2018 FAU @ North Texas

I feel like I just made last weeks post. Thursday games come quick.

This is a hunch more than anything. The one thing that made a difference in last years games against UNT was they couldn't handle our team speed. I think this game is pretty low scoring and FAU squeaks it out.

FAU win 20-17
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I feel like I just made last weeks post. Thursday games come quick.

This is a hunch more than anything. The one thing that made a difference in last years games against UNT was they couldn't handle our team speed. I think this game is pretty low scoring and FAU squeaks it out.

FAU win 20-17
Posted On: Nov 13th 2018, 5:48 PM #383321

I’d love that but unfortunately, we suck on the road, it will be cold, UNT is much better this yr than last unlike us that being said, I have to say, it’s gonna be ugly 37-7 UNT.
Back to the top

Weather shouldn't be a great factor for this one. The cold front is expected to move through before Thursday. Game temps should be in the 50s. It could be much worse. I have some confidence based on what FAU has done the past couple of weeks. UNT is the better team on paper, but I see the Owls putting things together with bowl eligibility on the line. I would not have been so confident a couple of weeks ago. Singletary shines in this one. on a side note, I watched some of the CBS highlight footage on him. I don't see too many FAU games, being out of state and all. But, he has really impressed this year. He reminds me of Marshall Faulk. Not only in his running style, but his look, and the fact that he is coming from a lesser known program. Not to say he will have the same impact at the pro level, but man he is smooth and elusive.

Back to the task at hand. FAU does enough on defense, and the Singletary carries the offense.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 31

UNT 27

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

UNT  28    FAU   21.  Sorry.
Back to the top

Agree weather is a potential issue, as we have never really been great in colder play…

This is a very tough one to nail down…and with the weather included, there are a number of additional factors which make it that way.

UNT is good at applying QB pressure, but they also give up a lot of sacks.

We're number one  in rushing offense, and they are number two in rushing defense.

They are number 2 in interceptions, and we will need to depend on more than just run after run to win this contest.

They are number one in FG %, and for us, well let's not go there…as for punting they are number two and we're dead last. This is important, because think special teams could come into play in a significant way given match-ups.

All this aside, will spend my one HOMER PICK for the year and say:

FAU 28  UNT 27

In a SQUEAKER.

Back to the top

I don’t feel good about this game in any way.  If we can’t run the ball effectively, we’ll get blown out.  

If we win we’ll have won the turnover battle by +3 or +4.  We’re going to have to get some lucky bounces in this one.

Going to come down to Charlotte at home for our season not to be a disaster.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

What I don't understand is why do we have so many set runs for Motor or Kerrith, when the QB, preferably De'Andre should have  option to give it, take it, or pass it. Anyways, it seems we have it going now.

FAU 38
NT 20
Back to the top

I'm worried about the temps as well. Thankfully, it's not as cold in the DFW Metroplex as it was earlier this week. That being said, I think our sudden lack of depth on the defensive side of the ball is going to bite us in the butt.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: