Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: 2019 FAU vs UCF

The week has finally arrived! In my opinion this is the by far the biggest home game in program history.

I personally am feeling much better about this game after the performance against Ohio State. Robison looks like he has grown a lot since last year. He was much more composed, and didn't make any stupid decisions with the football. If he can continue that play into UCF I believe FAU will have a chance to keep the game close with a chance to win in the 4th quarter. The ultimate downfall in last years game was the turnovers. UCF won by 3 scores and had 3 TD's off turnovers. FAU has to cause, and score points off of turnovers to win this game. FAU must take advantage of Wimbush's inaccuracies. I don't think we will have quite enough to pull off the upset, but I think FAU keeps it close and puts in a good effort for the home crowd. At least I don't have to worry about being attacked by super sensitive UCF fans like Jake has been the past 24 hours.

Final Score: UCF 31 FAU 23
Back to the top

Been following FAU closely since the inception of the program.  This is going to be one of our biggest stages and opportunities to take a step forward as a program.

We do not have a true "upset" in this programs history.  

It is time.  No morally victories.  Win the game.

Somehow, FAU 27 UCF 24

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

One thing is for sure, UCF if given a chance is not going to let up because they always feel like they have to make a statement.  I expect them to score 31 or more to preserve their offensive streak, and like last year I think this is another high-scoring affair.  The wise guys (5dimes) have the Knights by 10 and an over/under of 68.  That would make it UCF 39 - FAU 29.

As Delt said, if FAU wants to pull the upset we will need to take care of the ball and force some turnovers.  You can't take much from UCF's week 1 match-up, but if they hit a few wide open guys they maybe score 80 in that game.  Even without Milton they are a formidable offensive team.  I know it was FAMU, but 62 points where you should have scored more is still a pretty good O.

If we don't get off to a good start, we will struggle to keep it at a 10 point differential.  If we play like the last 3 quarters on defense and limit mistakes, we can be in it late.  But as always, "if" is a really big word.
Back to the top

I’m going to be a bit troubled if I go 3/5 again this week. 

1. FAU wins 38-28. Bold!
2. Robison throws for 250+ yards and two touchdowns. He also runs for one. 
3. Pico Harrison is a big reason why Robison plays well. Harrison leads the Owls in receiving and scores his first touchdown since 2016. 
4. The FAU defense forces its first interception of the year. He’s an unorthodox pick (ha), but I’m going with Leighton McCarthy. 
5. Other Owls who score: McCammon, James Charles and Harrison Bryant. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I'm looking forward to a better test for the Knights this weekend. Kiffin threw the kitchen sink at Heupel last year and caught the defense off-guard in the first half.
I think UCF will put up a ton of yards on the ground (+300 yards between an elite OL, 3 RBs that can score from anywhere and QB Wimbush who is 225 lbs and might be our best pure runner) which should open up the deep ball. UCF has 2-3 WRs that will play in the Pros including Gabe Davis who will probably leave as a Junior, he is that good.
This will be a good test for our revamped defense who now plays 10 different defensive lineman and smaller but much faster LB corp along with our best secondary since 2011 which had 3 NFL players. Looking forward to the match up. My guess, UCF wins 41-24
Back to the top

Kiffin definitely threw the kitchen sink at us last year. After the 2 pooch punts when you lined up in a punt formation I was screaming “it’s a fake” but apparently our defense didn’t trust me lol. I’m glad we don’t have to face Singletary this year but Robison I’m sure has improved his game. I think our offense can put points up on anyone but the game will come down to our defense passing their first test of the year and Wimbush not turning the ball over.
Back to the top

Hey all! New to the forum. My wife went to FAU and I went to UCF so this is an interesting match up as it was last year.

I thought for sure, last year FAU was going to be one of the tougher games on the schedule and FAU played really well for the first half. This year, despite the fact that our QB1 is around a 50% passer, he's absolutely dominant with his legs. Dillon Gabriel who is an absolute monster as a Freshman will be taking snaps as well. This game should be very good. Our offensive line is extremely stout and our D-Line will be night and day improved from last year.

Your RB is legit and Singletary was an absolute beast. Glad he's gone! :)

I think FAU is going to do some great things this year, but UCF is absolutely stacked in just about every position. Our head coach's mantra is 1-0. Any chance of the team looking ahead (Stanford/Pitt) is probably slim to none. The only way FAU wins this is if we turn the ball over at least 4 times and FAU plays lights out. I fully expect Wimbush to have around 2 either fumbles or picks.

We'll see how it goes, but my gut feeling is this is probably going to be around a 41-24 type game with the score being within 10 points during the first half then we'll pull away in the second based on our depth.

I wish we stopped playing FIU and just played FAU but I digress. FAU's definitely an up and coming program and the vast majority of UCF fans are glad to see the program doing well under Kiffin. Here's to an injury free, competitive game this Saturday!
Back to the top

Saving my "prediction" until later, but Welcome to all of the UCF Fans! Glad you are stopping in  :cool:
Back to the top

Thanks for sharing how good UCF  is.
Back to the top

Knight_Fyre said

I think FAU is going to do some great things this year, but UCF is absolutely stacked in just about every position. Our head coach's mantra is 1-0. Any chance of the team looking ahead (Stanford/Pitt) is probably slim to none. The only way FAU wins this is if we turn the ball over at least 4 times and FAU plays lights out. I fully expect Wimbush to have around 2 either fumbles or picks.

Posted On: Sep 4th 2019, 8:25 PM #388084

Our defense basically needs to hit UCF early and often and force turnovers. If UCF fans dont hate FAU by the time this game is over the defense hasnt done its job. Robison needs to make completions and not throw picks. We dont need Devin Singletary back but we do need a credible running game against UCF for any hope of victory.

Back to the top
Control functions: