Fearless Predictions: 2019 Game 6 FAU vs MTSU
FAU wins 45-24
1) I think FAU wins 42-20. MTSU has had flashes this year but their run defense canít stop FAUís ground game.†
2. Malcolm Davidson earns a heavy number of carries and runs for 120+ yards and two touchdowns. I think he and McCammon wind up being the 1A/1B we thought McCammon/Charles or McCammon/Emmons would be.†
3. Harrison Bryant finally scores a TD, as do John Raine and John Mitchell. Larry McCammon also hits paydirt.†
4. QBs play similar to Charlotte: Robison doesnít tear up the defense like he did against BSU or Wagner but he manages everything fine and Tronti gets some reps†
5. Hereís a real bold one: announced attendance comes very close - or even passes - 20,000. 4 p.m. game, so not too early and not too late. I know Iíve talked about getting the fringe FAU fans in the area to come to games … this I think is the type of game you need them at. Do they come? And is the experience enough to where they come back?
The game is hard to handicap primarily because against non-P5 competition it is hard to tell how good either team truly is yet. †If Marshall really isnít very good, MTSUís win doesnít tell us much. †If Charlotte isnít very good our win over the 49ers doesnít mean a whole lot. †We donít know about all those teams yet even though we are approaching the halfway point.†
History has shown this to be a fairly tough game for the Owls. †Iíll stick with the wise-guys and go with FAU winning somewhere around 37-27. †I hope I am wrong and we win by 3+ scores.
If our OL collapses, we're gonna be in for a long day.