Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: 2019 Game 6 FAU vs MTSU

The line shown on ESPN has moved to FAU -11.5. 
Back to the top

This is a rivalry game with history dating back to 2003. one of, if not the oldest, rivalries for FAU. MTSU leads the series 12-4, but most contests have been decided by a touchdown or less. Then there was the 77-56 loss in 2016. Yes, 77 to 56. The most recent FAU win was in 2017. That was an 18 point win and was followed by a 1 point loss last year.

This will be a tough game as always. Both FAU and MTSU have some momentum coming off conference wins. FAU should come in with more confidence after stringing together 3 straights wins and scoring 40 or more points in each outing. I see the trend continuing.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 40

MTSU 31

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

For whatever reason I think we’ll struggle on offense. FAU 33-30
Posted On: Oct 11th 2019, 1:17 PM #389513

I can see that as the outcome, but scoring 33 doesn't seem like struggling on offense. A lower output than the past three games, but still good production in terms of points.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

If we compare how we were in the 2017 season after 5 games, I think statistically we're doing even better this season. We have one of the strongest passing offenses in our entire program history. Our running offense is struggling but we're making strides there.  Im extremely optimistic.

I think Kiffin regrets letting off on the gas last year after we were up 21-3 in this matchup so expect us to run the score up a lot.
Back to the top

I was thinking some short fields help. But don’t listen to me it’s not like every prediction comes true. Oh wait 😂 I hope I’m wrong and it’s 50-14
Back to the top

FAU 36 MT 19

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

owlsdad said

The line shown on ESPN has moved to FAU -11.5. 
Posted On: Oct 12th 2019, 8:49 AM #389535

13 now… 
Back to the top

FAU Football 2019 Revenge Tour continues on,

38-31, good guys.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: