Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: Game 7 FAU vs Marshall

All I know is Lane better not run the punter out of the end zone again to give away the spread.

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

30-25 Owls

Just picking that because I think that was the 2017 score and the 5 points are close to the spread I see most places. 
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Fearless prediction SZN, as the kids say…

1. FAU wins 24-20. I just don’t see this game being a shootout. I think it’s a game of missed opportunities on both sides. (Almost all of the spreads are FAU —5.5, with that said.)
Posted On: Oct 16th 2019, 3:49 PM #389810

Apparently Vegas agrees.  I’m usually pretty good at predicting the opening line but I was way off on this one.  Odd we opened at 10.5 against MT but only 4 against Marshall.  There are obvious matchups here that should make this interesting.  

FAU 28
Marshall 21

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm going with 20-14. Marshall's defense creates havok for Robison and it rains and we have a few key dropped passes. We stall out near the goal line a few times and Rivas goes 2-3 on extra points. Both touchdowns by Davidson. Defense manages to limit the big throws because it's rainy and their qb is forced to run more and be predictable. We get 1 pick coming from James Pierre and defense gets 2 sacks and 1 fumble recovery.

Side note: maybe I don't watch O-line play close enough but what did Diaz do that has his head on the chopping block? I've never heard people complain about a center except for bad snaps.
Back to the top

Big game this week. The Herd played tough against a top Boise State team and got crushed by a Cincinnati team that is looking better each week. The one takeaway from the Herd season so far is that that offense is not a juggernaut. Two decent wins average 32 points. Three losses average just over 11 points per loss.

FAU matches up well. Owls come in with 41 plus points in 3 wins and an additional win scoring 28. The average is 39 per game in wins. FAU losses to Ohio State and UCF average 17.5 points.

The numbers and the 4 game streak point to an FAU win.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 38

Marshall 27

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We have a better offensive game than last week, but it's a tough game…

FAU 31
Marshall 24
Back to the top
Control functions: