Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE CARL PELINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't necessarily think Pelini should be fired....BUT I do know that there is an over usage of exclamation points in the title!  Obviously never watched the Seinfeld episode on that.
Back to the top

No Pelini should not be fired, he did not fumble the ball and lose the team momentum. Bottom line i an inexperieced team and qb that still needs to learn to win. Now if Hankerson rubns or passes for a 1st down there, Pelini and Wright are Gods here. I am not againt throwing the ball in that situation, face it we did not run well vs. Rice and in that situation they are coming at a run or pass to stop us or they lose. Look at how East Carolina handled the situation yest.  vs a NC team MUCH superior to Rice. They they went for it, hit a bomb on 4th down and put the final nail in the coffin. The key is to get rid of the ball and not take the loss let slone drop the friggin ball for an instant TD! All of FAU (Coaches and players) are learning and we will be fine!
Heck look at how UM and EC and MTSU are doing (our three previos losses) very very well. We did not lose to any FCS or FBS patsies but winning programs from last year, all off to great starts!
I still see a 6 win season if we hold the course and learn and NOT IMPLODE on ourselves!
Back to the top

Exactly.  People just LOVE to blame coaches for everything that happens on the field.  Coaches can only do so much.  Sometimes you just have to admit that when you start a QB 4 games out of high school, bad things can happen.  So with 6 minutes to go and a pretty certain road conference win, Pelini gets to keep his job…then his freshman QB does the one thing you absolutely cannot do and fumbles the ball by not being touched deep in his own territory, and Pelini has to go?  That's just dumb, lazy thinking.  This team is good QB play away from being a bowl contender with 2 young QBs that have shown flashes of potential.  I know that nobody wants to be patient (myself included), but if you are, good days are really, really close for this team.  
Back to the top

I haven't sorted out my thoughts, but I do know that was the toughest football game I've ever had to watch.  I was literally cringing while watching.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

No Pelini should not be fired, he did not fumble the ball and lose the team momentum. Bottom line i an inexperieced team and qb that still needs to learn to win. Now if Hankerson rubns or passes for a 1st down there, Pelini and Wright are Gods here. I am not againt throwing the ball in that situation, face it we did not run well vs. Rice and in that situation they are coming at a run or pass to stop us or they lose. Look at how East Carolina handled the situation yest.  vs a NC team MUCH superior to Rice. They they went for it, hit a bomb on 4th down and put the final nail in the coffin. The key is to get rid of the ball and not take the loss let slone drop the friggin ball for an instant TD! All of FAU (Coaches and players) are learning and we will be fine! Heck look at how UM and EC and MTSU are doing (our three previos losses) very very well. We did not lose to any FCS or FBS patsies but winning programs from last year, all off to great starts! I still see a 6 win season if we hold the course and learn and NOT IMPLODE on ourselves!
Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 8:08 PM #318781
 All I see hear is sad list of excuses ''Look how good the teams we played'' ''We are inexperinced'' ECU threw a bomb on 4th well ECU has an all confrence QB who has started like 20 games not an 18 year old who has played a game and a half. Coachs need to know thier personel our coachs have flat out lost two winnable games the last two weeks by pis poor play calling end of story.

HEADS NEED TO ROLL.

You guys are defending this staff like you defended Howard when I said fire him after the 5-7 season. 
Back to the top

You my friend have the BEST GRAMMAR in the entire world.

If you want people to listen to you and see your side of an argument, maybe you should go back to school and learn proper grammar. This would include use of punctuation, right use of the word (hear deals with sound), and spelling.  Maybe once you fix these items in your posts I will actually care for what what you say.
Back to the top

Owlcountry, you are like a broken clock, you will eventually be right if you say "fire the coach" often enough.

Back to the top

I don't know why this is a topic. Fire a coach in the beginning of his second season when we have seen improvements? Why?

It really makes me laugh when people on here with their degrees in business, education, engineering, accounting, etc think they are better coaches then Pelini and his staff.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Our buddy has brought his arguments over to the CSNBBS.

http://www.csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=651848

It seems like everyone over there all have words of encouragement for the team. 
Back to the top

Guest said

You my friend have the BEST GRAMMAR in the entire world.

If you want people to listen to you and see your side of an argument, maybe you should go back to school and learn proper grammar. This would include use of punctuation, right use of the word (hear deals with sound), and spelling.  Maybe once you fix these items in your posts I will actually care for what what you say.
Posted On: Sep 30th 2013, 1:02 PM #318802

I don't care at all about grammar on this this fourm I type 99 percent of this from my phone and don't care to read over anything.
Back to the top
Control functions: