Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

First scrimmage stats

Offense 36, Defense 12

QUARTERBACKS
Rusty Smith: 11-14-0 158 yards 1 TD
Sean Clayton: 8-15-0 140 yards 2 TD
Eli Cranor: 5-12-0 55 yards 1 TD
Jeff VanKamp: 2-4-0 34 yards
Total: 26-45-0 386 yards 4 TDs

RECEIVERS
Cortez Gent: 6-125 yards 1 TD
Chris Bonner: 6-111 yards 1 TD
Frantz Simeon: 5-51 yards 1 TD
Jamari Grant: 2-22 yards 1 TD
Wilfred Rivera: 3-49 yards
B.J. Manley: 2-3 yards
Jason Harmon: 1-9 yards
Ed Wertepny: 1-17 yards
Total: 26-387 yards 4 TDs

RUNNING BACKS
Willie Floyd: 9-25, 1 TD
DiIvory Edgecomb: 8-29, 1 TD
B.J. Manley: 8-21
Willie Rose: 7-41
Frantz Simeon: 1-(-2)
Rusty Smith: 5-(-18)
Sean Clayton: 5-2
Jeff VanCamp: 2-(-10)
Total: 45-88 yards 2 TD

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

Wow, looks like Rusty Smith has found his groove. The lack of any real running threat is pretty disappointing although Willie Rose did show some ability and nice numbers. This is going to be a very interesting year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

Bonner and Gent looked great. I hope they play that well during the season.
Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

Where was Grant?
Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

I saw him on the side lines taking snaps but I didn't see him during scrimmage taking snaps, but I might have missed him if he did. I was talking to Coach Conner and a couple of the injured guys
Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

First scrimmage stats

Look for Grant to be doing more this summer and fall.

Hopefully the running game will improve with the new recruits coming in.

What do the lines look like? Do they look more skilled and confident than the past 2 years?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

I had to skip-out on the scrimmage yesterday :(

Willie Rose is the real deal, fingers cross, if he stays healty.
Does appear that Rusty, is playing much more confident,
and looks like the receivers are coming into their own.

Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

Rusty appears to have modified his throw a bit. He looks confident and comfortable back there. Picking his receivers with some pretty damn good accuracy if I may add. I was impressed with Rusty and the other QB's as well. They seem to be checking off better, keeping there composure under pressure without getting flaky knowing when to throw or eat it.

In my opinion the most improved area I could see was with our receivers. The receivers are doing a lot better than last season, running the routes cleaner and catching the ball. A couple of the guys I talked to really like new receiving coach and it shows.

The O/L and D/L are finally getting the Depth they need to go through the grueling first part of the schedule. I still miss Bock out there, he and Rasheed were fun to watch with these guys. He had that killer instinct and playing in the pros doesn't hurt. Williams is getting it done just in a little different way. Illi to answer your question yes, they seem to be more focused, more skilled and confident and more guys working out.

There were some starters on the sidelines but this is Spring and better to get them healthy than to risk further injury or re-injury. It comes with the territory football is football and on any given day someone can get hurt. You always hope not serious and if so rehab them and get them back to playing. Whats important is that everybody work hard over the summer get healthy or stay healthy for Camp and the Fall. Quote from Schnelly in the Post ""The thing about this spring practice is we've had way too many injuries," FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger said. "We have 15 guys on the offensive side of the ball not practicing and eight on the defensive side … the upside is the guys on the field are getting a lot of work."

I think it was a pretty good day all around.

Everyone have a HAPPY EASTER and Passover and be safe.
Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

Talon said

In my opinion the most improved area I could see was with our receivers. The receivers are doing a lot better than last season, running the routes cleaner and catching the ball. A couple of the guys I talked to really like new receiving coach and it shows.

Plus, if you remember, as long season came to end, Simeon really showed he was gelling with Rusty and we were all hoping that would continue into spring and next season… apparently, it is! :)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

First scrimmage stats

without question 09
Back to the top
Control functions: