Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU vs Troy on ESPNU tonight.

18-13 Padrick took a safety... This game is looking not-so-good. FIU took a GREAT fumble TURNOVER from Troy and then could not convert a 4th down and 1 yard because the receiver dropped the ball on an easy catch not too far off with minimal coverage. Ehh... so now Troy once again has the ball at the Troy 34 with 7:30 minutes to go.
Back to the top

Final score 18-13 Troy won… FIU was moving in trying for the touchdown BUT QB Padrick kept making throws to nobody. In fact, there was one throw to FOUR TROY Players and none of them caught it thank goodness. Poor Josh Padrick is looking a lot like Danny Embick out there making throws to ghost receivers and getting destroyed by OLs left and right. And Padrick has mostly Seniors on his team while FAU's Embick has mostly Freshman and Sophomores! Interesting! Still 18-13 close loss… at least it was a good close game with several turnovers on both sides of the ball. Padrick does not look at all comfortable running the ball though and that is a HUGE skill advantage that Embick uses to outmaneuver the other team's defense! It's part of the only reason we can move the ball well, aside from Pierre, Parker, and Porter-Isom! FAU will hopefully bring a win home VS this Troy upstart team. Go FAU! And good luck FIU with the remainder of the season especially on that home game November 26 @ 6 PM. 8-)
Back to the top

Good game. My first opportunity to watch FIU closely this season. A couple of dropped balls not dropped and FIU would have had this one but I agree, he looks very much like Embick out there. Not a bad arm on him and some real nice designed run plays. They seem to be tightening down on the turnovers at least. Hopefully they don't come together at the very end of the season. ;)
Back to the top

Troy fans respect and might even fear FAU. Make no mistake about that.

In general, Troy fans root for FAU (check the Troy message board), especially the Owl cheerleaders and dancers. :)

Seriously, any real Troy fan fears all the rest of the SunBelt competition this season. After that embarrassing loss at ULM (and tonight's offensive piece of crap) , Troy can lose to anyone.

The homecoming game versus FAU should be a good one.

Go Owls (when they're not playing Troy)!
Back to the top

Padrick is a turnover machine. He gave a whole new definition to "putting the ball on the turf" tonight.
Back to the top

I caught the end of the game last night… Talk about having every chance to win it and just giving the game away! This years Shula Bowl will be a real barn burner!!!

BTW who put the numbers on the back of the FIU jerseys? Some of them look fine and some other ones look like the freshmen were in charge of the heat press machine! 6-8in gap between the names and numbers. At least we look good when we lose!
Back to the top

Thanks for the comments and support, 'Prowler….Unfortunately for us, it seems our team keeps on finding ways to stop themselves and lose…..Oh well…good luck this weekend against the Indians of ASU.
Back to the top

Those poor seniors must be shell shocked! They have the makings of a good team this year and somehow find a way to lose. It's all about confidence now. I'm sure they think about it when they have a chance to win or put points on the board. "What will go wrong now" may even seep into their thoughts.

Have the coaches approached them and ask them what they felt and would like to try? You'd be surprised what a player may come up with. I can say that Coach S approached a few senior LEADERS last year on their thoughts. I may make a difference.

Good luck guys.
Back to the top

Yeah..I really felt bad for them when they held Troy and then he fumbled the ball on the insuing punt.
Did you see FIU's special teams coach after that play? He had one of those Steve Spurrier grimmaces on his face. They're kind of like the Dolphins…They have the talent and experience but they are lacking the discipline and execution.
Back to the top

I feel sorry for FIU.

Against ASU 7 turnovers lead to 42 ASU points in a 42 point loss.

Turned over the ball 8 times to UNT in a 3 point loss.

Turned the ball over five times to Troy in a 5 point game (which could have been a 3 point game if they hadn't taken the safety).

FIU very easily could be 2-1 in the Sun Belt and would have had a shot at 3-0 if they could protect the ball.
Back to the top
Control functions: