Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Atlantic @ MTSU (Sept. 18th)

Learning how to win was a major accomplishment last
year, now its taking winning to the next level. I think at times the team got a little high on themselves and forgot that you have to work even hard to stay on top.

We do have to learn how to fininsh games however, we let too many teams have life when we shouldn't have - easier said then done at times, ask the Gator in the Miami game. That is one thing that bothered me last year, we seem to put our game on cruise control at times and become conservative at times. Then again you have to give credit to the other teams for battling and putting pressure on us.

I know one thing this team has heart.
Back to the top

Buchanan,

Why do I even waste my time with you? ::)

First off, FAU never led until the MIRACLE HAIL MARY in the last play of the game!

Secondly, had you beaten us in the manner that SEMO did last year where the we had no shot in the final quarter, I may say this game was not a debacle BUT you are talking about a school who has not fielded a football team longer than we have been in Division 1A! Of course we are going to overlook you as I know for a fact that we did because the players said so themselves before the game was played!

Thirdly, our attendance decline was a result of very foolish defensive playcalling in the waning minutes in our game agaisnt FAU.

As sorry as our attendance was, the average still far exceeded what the FAU Owls dished out! Who's to say you'll retain 1-A status, punk? You haven't proven it yet!

Nextly, MTSU:

1. Lost five out of eight games by less than eight points where one play was the difference in four of those five close losses!

2. Lost in 40T to UL-Lafayette and in single overtime to nationally ranked Missouri

3. Did not get hammered by a Division II team

4. Did not get beaten by a 1-AA non-scholarship team

Buchanan, you are putting FAU and the fans of your school in a very bad position because you are coming off as uneducated nit-wit and I have to wonder if that is something that you inherited or was taught to you at FAU!

Finally, if the Gators couldn't beat us by that many points the last time we played with a lot less 1-A talent and a lot less scholarship players, where in the heck is your logic that they could beat us by 60?

We will see until the game is played, but I look forward to September 18th where we can show Jared Allen and Roosevelt Bynes that they better beat us before the last play of the game or they won't beat us at all!!
Back to the top

Hey Blue Raider…just trying to liven this board up eh! Glad someone apart from OG Owls is actually posting regularly now! Now to your points…oh and by the way, I was at the game, so I know how it all unfolded.

1. Yes, we only led at the end, but that's when it matters. I don't care if we're leading early if we're on the losing side at the end.

2. You should have learned from that SEMO game then.

3. The attendance decline was because of poor play-calling in the first game of the season??? That's some loyal fans you've got up there in that small suburb of Nashville.

4. As for our attendance, I can't say anything. I'm one of those people who doesn't want us to go I-A. We can't even average 5,000, let alone 15,000 fans! It's because there are too many better things to do down here for some people. We're gonna end up being like FIU, turning the games into events with concerts afterwards and garbage like that. If you can't get enough fans with just the football game by itself, then stay in I-AA dang it. The whole Sunbelt should just go to I-AA, that would solve the issue!

5. A loss is a loss at the end of the day, sir…no matter how you lost the game. I can't deny we got spanked by Valdosta, but stating that Toothpaste University is a non-scholarship team is completely false. And you said I'm uneducated? They do get scholarships, just not athletic ones. They are all on 'academic' scholarships, but don't think for a minute that Jamaal Branch got a 1500 on his SAT. They just use their supposed 'non-scholarship' status as an excuse when they lose or to rub it in when they win. They absolutely ARE a scholarship team, there's no doubt about it.

As for this season, I hope to make it to your fine Nashville suburb in September so that I can celebrate again just like last year. Cheers. Oh and Chris Leak will dominate you lot. What is a Blue Raider anyway?
Back to the top

what other 1A teams can we expect on the schedule next year? How hard could it be to a Buffalo/UAB/UCF/MTSU/New Mexico to Lockhart?
Back to the top

what other 1A teams can we expect on the schedule next year? How hard could it be to a Buffalo/UAB/UCF/MTSU/New Mexico to Lockhart?

Next year as in 2005? That is the year when those type of teams will visit Lockhart. We will be in the final year of transition into the SB conference and we need to schedule a full fledge of D1-A schools for us at home.
The SB will assist us in the scheduling.
Back to the top
Control functions: