Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football: 2008 Recruiting

Re: Football: 2008 Recruiting

Football: 2008 Recruiting

He did what they call greyshirting.  He enrolled in January, thus didn't lose any of his eligibility.  In fact, he could redshirt next year and still have 4 years more to play.

So he comes in with 5 years to play 4.
Back to the top

alright i thought that was what happenend. Hopefully this years recruiting will be another good one to get!
Back to the top

From Tampa Bay, Florida news | Tampa Bay Times/St. Pete Times

Offensive Tackle Rhonne Sanderson

"Sanderson (6-foot-4, 285 pounds) has scholarship offers from Ball State and Florida Atlantic. Louisville, Toledo and Western Kentucky also are showing interest. He has planned official visits to Ball State and FAU. Sanderson, a tackle at Plant {High School?}, could play either tackle or guard in college, {his coach} Weiner said."

Back to the top

From that same TampaBay.com blog…

Here is a partial list of Hillsborough County's top football recruits, along with the schools they're considering or have already committed to. We will update this list regularly as more information becomes available, so check back often (last updated 01/03, 5:28 p.m.):

Jahmaal Jones, RB, Bloomingdale: FAU, FIU

Scott Peek, DB, Freedom: UCF, Florida, FAU
6'1 195lbs. 4.62 40

Rhonne Sanderson, OL, Plant: Ball State, FAU, Louisville, Toledo, Western Kentucky

I couldn't find much on these kids.  Scout listed the info for Peek, but also had his schools as Alabama, Florida, & S. Carolina.

Back to the top

Scout.com says Mike Ross out West Boca is planning a visit to FAU January 25th.

Talented two-way lineman who projects as an interior offensive lineman in college. He's very strong and has good athletic ability for his size.

Height: 6-1
Weight: 256
40-Yard Dash: 4.78
Short Shuttle: 4.90
Vertical Jump: 29.4"
3-Cone: 8.34
Broad Jump: 8-3

other schools on his list are:

Air Force
Army
Buffalo
UCF
Penn
Rutgers
FAU

only listed as 1 star

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

From an Ocala paper

Trinity Catholic's Barron commits to play for Army | Ocala.com

"Defensive end Tremayne Scott (6-4, 250) is receiving interest from a number of Division I schools, including Southern Miss, Georgia Tech, FIU and FAU"
Back to the top

It would be nice to have that size on the edge.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

In Ted's newest blog, he mentions how HS wants to sign two top QB recruits this February.

That could bode well for Stephen Payne, a two star recruit from Texas, as designated on Scout.com. I'm sure there are other QBs out there. It would be amazing to get 3+ star guys.

When our stadium and Innovation Village come online, recruiting will be a lot easier.

I remember reading about a high school QB in Florida who led his team to two consecutive state championships but wasn't getting any college attention. Anyone know what the guy's name is?

Back to the top

owlcountry said

In Ted's newest blog, he mentions how HS wants to sign two top QB recruits this February.

That could bode well for Stephen Payne, a two star recruit from Texas, as designated on Scout.com. I'm sure there are other QBs out there. It would be amazing to get 3+ star guys.

When our stadium and Innovation Village come online, recruiting will be a lot easier.

we are trying to land a Callifornia QB at present…he threw for way over 3k yeards…almost 4k from what i recall…

tall kid…like 6-5…great arm…i think he is a 3 star…not that it means anything:

Rusty was ZERO stars…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

we are trying to land a Callifornia QB at present…

Excellent. Do you know the name?

The only thing I could find was someone named Graham Wilbert… scheduled to visit January 11th… 6'5", rated one star, couldn't find anything about nearly 4000 yards but I did find a quote calling him "one of the best high school quarterbacks in Southern California."
Back to the top
Control functions: