Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football: 2008 Recruiting

Re: Football: 2008 Recruiting

Football: 2008 Recruiting

owlcountry said

Fledgling said

6-foot-6 holy sheep Sh@t!

Have you seen his highlights? The guy is a f'in' giant! And he doesn't run too well, which makes his ability to pass that much more important.

(See the video on David Kooi - Yahoo! Sports)

I think both of these guys.. him and Garrish… would be good finds, although I agree that Garrish may not be the style that Schnellenberger wants.

He looks pretty good. Again, too much shotgun. I don't think he was under center once. I would like to see how these kids do under center. He has a bit of an odd release (not that it means anything, so does Rusty), the ball flutters a little on some deeper passes, I think he actually does a nice job getting out and throwing on the run. He had a great naked bootleg to his left where he looked very smooth. He seems to have deceptive speed as well because of his size. He didn't look too bad when he tucked it and ran. Could be a solid pick-up for FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fledgling said

To put this in perspective, JaMarcus Russell is 6-foot-6 and looked like a freak on the field at LSU.  If this kid does come to FAU, let's hope he can dress better than Russell.

JaMarcus Russell is a joke. He is well on his way to being the biggest bust of the 2007 draft. Try a little humilty young man.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

That's the ugliest $400 sweater I've ever seen.
Back to the top

From an Ocala paper
Taking the next step up | Ocala.com

"Defensive end Alex Jackson (6-4, 225) is currently considering FAU, FIU and Jacksonville University, according to Dunnellon coach Frank Beasley"
Back to the top

why is it that i keep seeing recruits thinking of FAU or FIU? I mean I am not trying to hate on FIU, but between the two schools I would think its a no brainer, I think we should be recruiting alittle higer than FIU

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Thing is, it is pretty evident it isn't a no brainer…at least not yet.  Both programs have different selling points at this juncture.  Of course, FAU has the better record, football history, and legendary coach, and that is an advantage in recruiting by itself.  But Cristobal and staff are relentless in recruiting and have some other selling points as well. 
Back to the top

owlcountry said

From an Ocala paper
Taking the next step up | Ocala.com

"Defensive end Alex Jackson (6-4, 225) is currently considering FAU, FIU and Jacksonville University, according to Dunnellon coach Frank Beasley"

FAU doesn't even need to consider a kid who is thinking of 1-AA non-scholarship Jacksonville. FAU needs to be recruiting up, not down.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I disagree…Our entire team is composed of the overlooked.  They have something to prove…the 3, 4, and 5 star recruits have nothing to prove.  I welcome anyone that wants to play, even if they are looking at other schools.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

Thing is, it is pretty evident it isn't a no brainer…at least not yet.  Both programs have different selling points at this juncture.  Of course, FAU has the better record, football history, and legendary coach, and that is an advantage in recruiting by itself.  But Cristobal and staff are relentless in recruiting and have some other selling points as well.

Exactly. The city of Miami, their on-campus stadium, chance to get real playing time and make school history, chance to play against great teams like FAU every year…  8)
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I disagree…Our entire team is composed of the overlooked.  They have something to prove…the 3, 4, and 5 star recruits have nothing to prove.  I welcome anyone that wants to play, even if they are looking at other schools.

3,4, and 5 star recruits usually want to prove something… to NFL recruiters.
Back to the top
Control functions: