Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future FAU Football Schedules

Re: 2009 Football & Future Schedules

2014 & Future Football Schedules

COME TO TEXAS!!!  My vote is Houston

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

NCowl said

I think we got lucky this year with the bowl game, we may not have the same luck next year, we need to up the record. But on the same level, I don't think a BCC or FAMU team is the way to go, nor a BCS team, I too think a mid USA/MAC team, where we can have a real game, and come out with a win.

Indeed which is why we NEED to be at least 7-5 so we are gurantteed a game in a bowl. Thats of course assuming the other confrences dont fill thier spots in Indep, Papa, and st Pete. But we all know they didnt this year. Lets not leave ourselves hanging out there PRAYING for a at large.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OWLumnis said

In the C-USA and MAC, here are the following schools that still need an OOC:

C-USA
Houston, Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane
MAC
Akron, Ohio, Central Michigan, Ball State, Western Michigan

ONLY the University of Ohio Bobcats need an away OOC game. The Bobcats finished the '08 season ranked 98th in the nation with their 4-8 (3-5) record, which included a loss to Central Michigan. Any thoughts on the U. of Ohio?

Wouldnt mind another shot at the Tigers, Always good to beat up on some CUSA teams. Course we need it as a home game.

Ohio was actually ok this year, they damn near beat Ohio State. I could be down for that.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

walty12 said

Baller07 said

wpierso3 said

UNC's record last year was 8-5 not exactly one of the bottom teams in the ACC.  And they are improving every year just FYI

Exactly.  They aren't in Duke's class anymore, not with Butch in charge.  We would be better suited vs. Duke who is in transition, or a MAC/CUSA team.  Any of them, it doesn't matter.

What is Duke in transition to?  They have been the same horrible team for the last 25 yeats.

Cutcliffe is going into his 2nd year as head coach and is attempting to change the culture of the football program, which will obviously take time.
Back to the top

NCowl said

I think we got lucky this year with the bowl game, we may not have the same luck next year, we need to up the record.

Exactly. We want to not only win but MAKE money on bowl games. We didn't do that this year.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

NCowl said

I think we got lucky this year with the bowl game, we may not have the same luck next year, we need to up the record.

Exactly. We want to not only win but MAKE money on bowl games. We didn't do that this year.

That's why our best bet would be St. Pete. It wouldn't cost us a lot of money to get to that game, we could sell a lot of tickets and we would be able to finally make some money on a bowl game. That would probably only happen if a Big East or C-USA team doesn't qualify though right? Big East is pretty much a shoe in but C-USA is always up in the air

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

We may have not made money when you look at it from a
profit = Revenue from ticket sales - cost to attend game

But we WILL make money when you look at:
profit = (revenue from ticket sales + free commerical time which would otherwise cost advertising money + merchandise sales + increased admission applications from out of state students + newspaper coverage + recruits, which in turn would help us win more games, which in turn would bring bigger ticket sales, etc.) - cost of attending ONE football game the day after Christmas in… what year was that? 2008? In Detroit?

My point for the "what year was that…" comment was that by the time we see all of the above come to fruition, it could be in five or six years.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I think Tulane or Houston would be great games for FAU to schedule if FAU doesn't mind another road game. For a home game Ohio looks to be the best option and I am sure Ohio would jump at the chance to get some recruiting exposure in S. Florida.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

OK. Got the bowl win, got the 2009 signing class taken care of, got the OC named. To-do list: Make clear who is in charge of QBs and wide receivers, and schedule the 12th game for 2009.
Back to the top

grayowl said

OK. Got the bowl win, got the 2009 signing class taken care of, got the OC named. To-do list: Make clear who is in charge of QBs and wide receivers, and schedule the 12th game for 2009.

DJ is going to remain WR coach…

nord was OC / QB coach

DJ will be OC / WR coach

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top
Control functions: