Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future FAU Football Schedules

Re: 2008 Football & Future Schedules

is their a deadline for when we have to schedule that last game
Back to the top

They need to call FAMU or Bethune and get them down to Lockhart.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

They need to call FAMU or Bethune and get them down to Lockhart.

I agree, we need to schedule a FCS team for the last open date.  It will be good to have an "easy" win early in the season mixed in with the BCS games.  Plus, it counts toward Bowl eligibility.
Back to the top

no i rather schedule another mid major
Back to the top

i'd rather go to an ACC or Big Ten school that we can hang with

not penn state or ohio state, but how about iowa or northwestern?

not clemson or miami, but how about duke or virginia?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Normally I'd rather play a mid-major, but this will be a home game at the start of next year.  We'll have a number of new players in the lineup, especially on D, and it would be good to get an early win. 
Back to the top

owl09 said

i'd rather go to an ACC or Big Ten school that we can hang with

not penn state or ohio state, but how about iowa or northwestern?

not clemson or miami, but how about duke or virginia?

Not to be a pessimest but Iowa just beat Minnesota 55-0 last weekend…why in the world would you think we could beat or hang with them?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

And we couldn't hang with Virginia most years…you know they have players in thier history like Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Matt Shaub, Heath Miller, etc….not sure we are ready to say we can hang with them either.  Lets put some Conference USA teams on the schedule like UCF.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I couldn't find a list of FCS (aka Div. I-AA) teams still needing games for 2009 (their schedules always come later). But here is a pretty good rundown of BCS (aka Div. I-A) teams still having open slots on their 2009 schedules:

http://cfbpalace.net/needyschools.html

Elsewhere on the same site (go to home page), schedules (mostly partials) for some FCS (I-AA) teams are listed.
Back to the top

grayowl said

I couldn't find a list of FCS (aka Div. I-AA) teams still needing games for 2009 (their schedules always come later). But here is a pretty good rundown of BCS (aka Div. I-A) teams still having open slots on their 2009 schedules:

http://cfbpalace.net/needyschools.html

Elsewhere on the same site (go to home page), schedules (mostly partials) for some FCS (I-AA) teams are listed.

There are a bunch of schools I'd like us to play on there (Boston College, Penn State, Alabama, Michigan, Wisconsin) but when you consider the fact that we're playing Nebraska and South Carolina already, they're probably going to want to dial it down for the fourth opponent… although Duke might work there. Why not?

Rutgers needs 3 opponents… nothing like last minute planning, eh?
Back to the top
Control functions: