Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future FAU Football Schedules

Re: 2008 Football & Future Schedules

You're right. Maybe a typo or maybe a Sunday night game? Let's not speculate and just book the entire weekend for FAU football

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

If they have an opening I think we should play FAMU.  Would guarantee a sell-out in Lockhart (at least until halftime  8) ), and it would be a winable out of conference game.
Back to the top

mh2os said

If they have an opening I think we should play FAMU.  Would guarantee a sell-out in Lockhart (at least until halftime  8) ), and it would be a winable out of conference game.

It may not be popular with some, but I definately think a I-AA game is the way to go.  With all the youth on D next year, it would be nice to get an "easy" game mixed in with Nebraska and South Carolina.  If the game is against FAMU or BCC all the better because they would bring some fans with them. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

mh2os said

It may not be popular with some, but I definately think a I-AA game is the way to go.  With all the youth on D next year, it would be nice to get an "easy" game mixed in with Nebraska and South Carolina.  If the game is against FAMU or BCC all the better because they would bring some fans with them.

We can use 1 FCS game towards bolw eligiblity yes?

If so bring on FAMU or BCC, I agree lets get FCS team in, work out the kinks and get some confidence.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Years ago I remember Miami saying (or a newspaper reporting) that they had to pay FAMU band to come to the Orange Bowl - or else the team wasn't bringing the band. That's the reason why it would sell out…. is to see the band….

What's wrong with a team like Texas State… who is trying to go from Div. 1AA to Div. 1A. We needed the same kind of help when we were transitioning… let's help another program. Plus we are familiar with them - we beat them in 2003 (then named Southwest Texas)

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Years ago I remember Miami saying (or a newspaper reporting) that they had to pay FAMU band to come to the Orange Bowl - or else the team wasn't bringing the band. That's the reason why it would sell out…. is to see the band….

What's wrong with a team like Texas State… who is trying to go from Div. 1AA to Div. 1A. We needed the same kind of help when we were transitioning… let's help another program. Plus we are familiar with them - we beat them in 2003 (then named Southwest Texas)

i love the idea of bringing a DIAA to lockhart…

(2003 Texas State was already their new name… we beat "texas state" not "southwest texas")

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

It's interesting to note how Florida's FBS schools are opening the 2009 season:

FAU @ Nebraska Sept. 5
UCF @ Wisconsin Sept. 5

Charleston Southern @ Florida Sept. 5
Maine @ FSU Sept. 5
Wofford @ South Florida Sept. 5

Opening opponents still unannounced: Miami and FIU
Back to the top

I don't think BCC will EVER consider playing the Owls again - Their coach would never go for it.

Doesn't FAMU own us a return game?

Back to the top

Bytor said

I don't think BCC will EVER consider playing the Owls again - Their coach would never go for it.

Doesn't FAMU own us a return game?

Why?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

grayowl said

It's interesting to note how Florida's FBS schools are opening the 2009 season:

FAU @ Nebraska Sept. 5
UCF @ Wisconsin Sept. 5

Charleston Southern @ Florida Sept. 5
Maine @ FSU Sept. 5
Wofford @ South Florida Sept. 5

Opening opponents still unannounced: Miami and FIU

UCF opens with Samford at home on Sept. 5. And according to Wiki FIU opens at Alabama.
http://home.roadrunner.com/~essency/ucfsport/helmets/2009.html
Back to the top
Control functions: