Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future FAU Football Schedules

Re: 2008 Football & Future Schedules

owlfamily said

Sept 5, at Nebraska
@ UAB
Sept. 19 @ South Carolina
vs Louisiana-Monroe
Oct. 10 @ Troy
vs Western kentucky
@ Louisiana-Lafeyette
vs Middle Tennessee
@ North Texas
vs Arkansas State
@ Florida International

Good Lord, 4 out of the 5 first games are away, with the 3 in a row to start.

and we dont have ANY Consecutive weeks of home games???  ???

Hard to build a following when your team is on the road ALL the damn time.
its not finished yet if we schedule a 1-AA opponent it will most likely be a home game before the the Nebraska game
Back to the top

HOTEL said

"i still find it amazing that, with all the recent politically correct stuff going around with the native american names of teams, that NO ONE has said anything about the Mississippi being the "rebels" lol"

Only a sympathizer from the other side of the War of Northern Aggression would object to such a name… ;D

That's great  :D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: 2009 Football & Future Schedules

It would be nice to host the North Carolina Tar Heels in 2009. They are looking for one more out-of-conference game, and two of their three already scheduled out-of-conference games are home, so they need an away game. And their schedule is similar to FAU's. UNC Tars Heels @ FAU Owls in 2009….An ACC team that is a good match-up for us. Any thoughts???

2009 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

DATE OPPONENT
9-5-09 THE CITADEL
9-12-09 at Connecticut
9-19-09 EAST CAROLINA

TBA         FLORIDA STATE
TBA         VIRGINIA
TBA         DUKE
TBA         MIAMI FL
TBA         at North Carolina State
TBA         at Boston College
TBA         at Georgia Tech
TBA         at Virginia Tech
TBA         1 non-conference opponent

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I like any of the NC schools, as long FAU plays the same NC school as an away game in the future.

Back to the top

the problem is that none of these schools are going to want to play us at lockhart. Since we have an opening for Dolphin Stadium (FIU game is AT FIU stadium this season) then maybe they'd play us there but it's hard to ask an ACC school like UNC to come to lockhart and play us

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

the problem is that none of these schools are going to want to play us at lockhart. Since we have an opening for Dolphin Stadium (FIU game is AT FIU stadium this season) then maybe they'd play us there but it's hard to ask an ACC school like UNC to come to lockhart and play us

Yes, it's a hard sell to an ACC school, but both UNC and Duke aren't the best football programs in the ACC and they both need an out-of-conference game in 2009, and we have a spot open. I'm sure if we agree to a three year deal (1 home, 2 away) they would come. I mean, we got USF when they were ranked #2 in the nation to play at Lockhart, and UAB played us at Lockhart and they have a good program as well. ESPN has televised a game or two from Lockhart. It's not a great stadium, but it serves its purpose. I think it's not an easy sell to both UNC or Duke, but if they THINK they can get a easy win at away out-of-conference game, why wouldn't they want to come and play us?     

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

OWLumnis said

Jab979 said

Yes, it's a hard sell to an ACC school, but both UNC and Duke aren't the best football programs in the ACC and they both need an out-of-conference game in 2009, and we have a spot open. I'm sure if we agree to a three year deal (1 home, 2 away) they would come. I mean, we got USF when they were ranked #2 in the nation to play at Lockhart, and UAB played us at Lockhart and they have a good program as well. ESPN has televised a game or two from Lockhart. It's not a great stadium, but it serves its purpose. I think it's not an easy sell to both UNC or Duke, but if they THINK they can get a easy win at away out-of-conference game, why wouldn't they want to come and play us?

UAB's program is in the toliet at the moment.

They are getting a decent recruitng class I hear.

More people have heard of Duke and NC then they have of UAB due to thier success in Basketball.

I wouldnt mind seeing NC come down, although I still think a FCS game (FAMU or BCC) would be the best to get some confidence and avoid any loosing streaks.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

IF that's true…and we add Ole Miss to our schedule then you guys need to cancel your trips to SC and go there, no doubt about it. There is no better place to experience a college football game than Oxford Mississippi. Columbia SC can't hold a candle to it. It's the finest tailgating experience in all of football.

I'm seriously considering axing my trip to Lincoln to see the Red Sea in order to head to Oxford…we shall see if this pans out.

I teach at Ole Miss and the stadium is far less than one would expect. It is good, but nothing special. The grove on the other hand is a college football classic that cannot be beat. I would love to see FAU visit Ole Miss next year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I disagree about the FCS game. I think by the time the season starts, either you're ready or you're not. Yes, a game against BCC or FAMU would boost FAU's confidence going into the next game (provided the game is a blowout), but it's also a risk in terms of injuries and the possibility of losing. I think that's why Schnelly scheduled us to play Texas last year, rather than open against a FAMU type program. But only time will tell. I think the Tar Heels and Duke would generate a solid turnout in attendance, as well as an interesting game.

Back to the top

OWLumnis said

I disagree about the FCS game. I think by the time the season starts, either you're ready or you're not. Yes, a game against BCC or FAMU would boost FAU's confidence going into the next game (provided the game is a blowout), but it's also a risk in terms of injuries and the possibility of losing. I think that's why Schnelly scheduled us to play Texas last year, rather than open against a FAMU type program. But only time will tell. I think the Tar Heels and Duke would generate a solid turnout in attendance, as well as an interesting game.

I agree that 1 or 2 "money" big time OOC games are good early. I just would like to break it up with a "softer" team in the middle of that OOC schedlue so that instead of 1-3 your 2 and 2 or something along those lines. Think about the fact that if we had simply won one more OOC game, we would of been 7-5 and going to a bowl would of been guranteed instead of a 6-6 at large scenario.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: