Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

General questions - Conference USA championship game

Big Lerm (Guest) said

This is where I'm getting my numbers…maybe not accurate? I'm not saying that you are wrong and Heart of Dallas is a less net payout, honestly I have no idea what the numbers would be. I just want to point out that it's something to be considered. I would think we a bus ride vs. air travel, less nights needed for a hotel, shipping of equipment, etc. that it may be worth it…but again, I don't know for sure.
Posted On: Nov 10th 2017, 2:44 PM #372977

Hotel is indifferent. Teams go up many days prior for events leading up to the bowl game
Back to the top

Back to the top

owlsdad said

Lots of different numbers can be found, but here are some "most recent payouts" I came across:

Boca - $400k
St. Pete - $537.5k
New Orleans - $500k
New Mexico - $456.25k
Bahamas - $450k
Heart of Dallas - $800k (saw it listed as high as $1.2M)
Independence - $1.15M
Belk - $1.7M

I think some of those numbers can go down if the original conference (SEC/ACC etc.) get replaced by a CUSA or "lesser" league.  So money-wise, if you aren't getting to a bowl like one of those last 3 there really isn't a significant difference in all the other CUSA tie-in games.  Given all that, if we aren't up for a "bigger bowl" and get to choose from the first 4 in the list St. Pete makes the most sense - biggest payout and lowest cost except for staying at home.
Posted On: Nov 10th 2017, 2:42 PM #372976
Don’t forget the school has to buy tickets. So yea the payout could be more but it could also have to buy 10k more tickets at larger price for a bigger bowl. 
Back to the top

>>We will not choose New Orleans because we would play down to the Sunbelt, but I would love an excuse to go to NO.<<

Easy on the Sun Belt. The top half of that conference would and does beat most C-USA teams. A Sun Belt team has won the New Orleans Bowl over a C-USA team in eight of 11 years.
Back to the top

bmarkey said

>>We will not choose New Orleans because we would play down to the Sunbelt, but I would love an excuse to go to NO.<<

Easy on the Sun Belt. The top half of that conference would and does beat most C-USA teams. A Sun Belt team has won the New Orleans Bowl over a C-USA team in eight of 11 years.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 2:32 AM #373739
It’s usually the Sunbelt conference winner against a mid tier CUSA team, forget the NO Bowl, it ain’t happening.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Week 12 college football bowl projections for 2017

So we're projected to go to either the New Mexico Bowl vs San Diego State, or the Independence Bowl vs FSU. It feels nice to be at this level.
Back to the top

CUSA conference championship game - I got an e-mail about purchasing tickets, but when I login to the ticket site I can't buy the same seats as my season tickets.  I ***thought**** we would have rights to those???  Not a big deal, as I can still buy tickets in the same section.  But wondering if anybody else saw this and/or if "my" seats are actually held for me but I have to call rather than go on the website?
Back to the top

owlsdad said

CUSA conference championship game - I got an e-mail about purchasing tickets, but when I login to the ticket site I can't buy the same seats as my season tickets.  I ***thought**** we would have rights to those???  Not a big deal, as I can still buy tickets in the same section.  But wondering if anybody else saw this and/or if "my" seats are actually held for me but I have to call rather than go on the website?
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 12:04 PM #373832

They are held.  Call.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: