Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

General questions - Conference USA championship game

owlsdad said

Historically, I have not followed the conference closely but was wondering what kind of rankings the top teams in the league have ever gotten?  Hasn't there been a few 9 and 10-win teams in the past few seasons?
Posted On: Oct 31st 2017, 11:13 AM #372537

When Doc Holliday had Rakim Cato as his QB they nearly went undefeated. They were ranked 24 when they lost in a shoot out vs WKU. Their lone loss of the season
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

owlsdad said

Historically, I have not followed the conference closely but was wondering what kind of rankings the top teams in the league have ever gotten?  Hasn't there been a few 9 and 10-win teams in the past few seasons?
Posted On: Oct 31st 2017, 11:13 AM #372537
When Doc Holliday had Rakim Cato as his QB they nearly went undefeated. They were ranked 24 when they lost in a shoot out vs WKU. Their lone loss of the season
Posted On: Oct 31st 2017, 11:51 AM #372541
Yep.  I think I remember WKU and La Tech both being ranked at different points as well.

https://www.ktbs.com/news/louisiana-tech-cracks-the-ap-top/article_00b9190d-40a7-571b-a607-1abd3649ec32.html

Associated Press Top 25 | WKU football lands first national ranking in latest poll

Its our turn.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Considering they are doing FCS programs now in the telecast believe we should have our shot!
Back to the top

WKU was #25 in the AP poll on 12/6/2015 after winning the conference championship (they were 11-2).  It looks like Marshall was 13-1 in 2014, but only got to #22 in the coaches and #23 in the AP poll.  After seeing that, I didn't go back to look any further.

Given that track record for the conference and the fact that FAU has 3 losses, cracking the top-25 seems like a tall order for a CUSA team.
Back to the top

Rick said

Considering they are doing FCS programs now in the telecast believe we should have our shot!
Posted On: Oct 31st 2017, 12:18 PM #372544

I sent an e-mail to Mark Packer who has a syndicated show on SiriusXM trying to plant a seed to have him talk about it.  I also posted to the College Gameday Facebook page, but they review all posts first.  Neither will pay attention unless both teams win their next two games, but I will resend/repost each week if it keeps happening.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Jack D Whidden III said

Holy crap, I can't believe that we have an actual thread about HOSTING the CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Like, take a step back and think about that people. We used to have threads about whether or not we will be in bowl contention.

Enjoy this guys.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2017, 3:56 PM #372509

We went to losing in the 4Q to actually owning the 4Q & dominate for 3Qs and not worry about the 4Q.

True example of "Starting at the Bottom, Now we Here"
Posted On: Oct 31st 2017, 10:48 AM #372535

Que the Drake gifs!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Boca Bowl?  If my memory serves me right there is no way we will ever be playing in the Boca Bowl.  Is that correct?
Back to the top

I hate saying this....if FAU wins C-USA, will they be playing in the Boca Bowl ?
Back to the top

From what I am seeing, CUSA bowl tie-ins:

New Orleans
New Mexico
Boca
St. Pete
Bahamas
Heart of Dallas

And a secondary if SEC or ACC can't fill the Independence.

All except for Dallas and Independence are before Christmas and pretty early in the bowl schedule.  Not sure how the teams are picked for which bowl.  All are at least somewhat decent destinations (New Orleans and Bahamas better than Albuquerque or Dallas in latter December). 

And FWIW the only one against a P5 team is Heart of Dallas (Big 12) unless the Independence needs a team. 
Back to the top

owlsdad said

From what I am seeing, CUSA bowl tie-ins:

New Orleans
New Mexico
Boca
St. Pete
Bahamas
Heart of Dallas

And a secondary if SEC or ACC can't fill the Independence.

All except for Dallas and Independence are before Christmas and pretty early in the bowl schedule.  Not sure how the teams are picked for which bowl.  All are at least somewhat decent destinations (New Orleans and Bahamas better than Albuquerque or Dallas in latter December). 

And FWIW the only one against a P5 team is Heart of Dallas (Big 12) unless the Independence needs a team. 
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2017, 7:02 PM #372611

I’m rooting for New Orleans Bowl. 

But I would really like us matched to face USF.  
Back to the top
Control functions: